Insurance - Who's using who

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Insurance - Who's using who  (Read 8344 times)

Offline napes

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2010, 10:46:10 pm »
I just got a quote back from LSV - about $300 cheaper than current insurer with lower excess cost too - I'm going to find out how I can extract myself from current insurer on Monday and switch over ASAP given feedback on here - very useful thread!

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 02:35:37 am »
Originally posted by napes
I just got a quote back from LSV - about $300 cheaper than current insurer with lower excess cost too - I'm going to find out how I can extract myself from current insurer on Monday and switch over ASAP given feedback on here - very useful thread!

That will cost more than its worth, just let the current policy run & change over when it is due. Changing a policy mid stream will not get get you much back in the way of $. Example if you still have 6 months left on a policy, you would not get half the premium back, probably more like a 1/4.

Offline red66

• Pony
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2010, 10:22:51 pm »
The premiums are cheap enough for limited use, say twice a week or week end  driving.
With a daily drive, prices  change.  LSV wanted  $1050   for 40k ,  Shannons was $742
my 66 is a daily drive.

Offline chris67

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2010, 08:16:36 pm »
My insurance is due called LSV today and cheeper so its goodbye shannons.
Can not say much for GIO greenslip trying to charge me extra $268 more for some crazy reason.
I blasted them and now its down to $404 for the renewal. They must charge extra for old customers and cheaper for new customers. :a
Rev It Loud, Drive It Proud!  

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 02:06:57 pm »
I have been with Ryno and they were cheaper then Shannons.

Just got off the phone with LSV they are only 2/3's the cost of Ryno and will insure the newly acquired daily hack. I got a AU XR6 where Ryno would not and LSV are more then $500 cheaper then NRMA for the hack..........
NRMA ;3

so all up a Saving on the two cars of over $600, I will pay 2 months premiums to Ryno and LSV to get the Falcon covered at that saving as they will only insure the XR6 if Mustang is there also.

;_ The forum has helped again :p