She has landed

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: She has landed  (Read 16902 times)

Offline mikes68

• Worked
    • www.mikes68.blogspot.com
She has landed
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 09:42:30 pm »
Originally posted by Rock65
Very nice Spooky.Lovely lines. And Mike, Long Beach to Departure is an unknown quantity.The beach is very long in my case.Already 8 WEEKS in a warehouse.

8 Weeks OUCH!!! That's gotta be a little more than annoying - any word on why the hold up??? Yeah I know it can be a bit of an unknown but just threw out some basics as a rough guide.
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Spooky

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 10:14:16 pm »
Originally posted by mikes68
Originally posted by Spooky
Mine should leave Florida on Monday for Longbeach, CA and will then go on a direct ship to Bribane. Will then be trucked to me from there. I figure mid-March is conservative;2

Hmm... I guess each shipper would have varying schedules but I would expect perhaps something in the order of:

Florida to Long Beach = 1 week (if no other stops or hold-ups)
Long Beach to departure = 2 weeks-ish (gotta sort paperwork, load it, time it with the next departing ship etc)
Long Beach to Brisbane = whadayareckon??? 3 weeks-ish (could be less if absolutely direct)

Don't forget Customs and AQIS on arrival in Brisbane = 2 weeks (maybe - if all is flowing smoothly and no issues)
Brisbane to Sydney = (gotta schedule the tranport but otherwise just an overnighter really)

Just some rough rule of thumb estimates really as I have no intimate knowledge or experience but I guess that would put it in your locale ready for collection (if not delivered directly to your door) around late March perhaps??

Probably right! I was told 3 days from Florida to Longbeach. Max  2 weeks to departure.
Up to 25 days to Brisbane.
3 Days to clear customs
1 day to Sydney.

Either way, mid to end March! Still a VEERRRYYY long time to wait.:_
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline mikes68

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 10:29:00 pm »

:w:w:w No offence intended there spooky but now let me tell you a story!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

Back in late Aug / early Sept 09 I was on holidays in Hawaii. My beautiful, long suffering wife finally gave me the green light to go ahead and purchase a pony. It was one that I had chanced upon whilst there (it is a 68 convertible) for a quiet kind of kick back and relax break away from it all with family and friends. Well at the same time I saw an R code 69 Fastback that had no title and emailed the craigslist links to my brother in law who passed it on to another friend who just said "I have got to have that R code". Well I did a tour all around the island and checked it out for him, gave him my 2 cents worth (which equated to a :( so far as I could tell). This "friend" said, "don't worry about the shipping, I will take care of it all and get it real cheap yada yada yada..."

So, after about 2 months of absolutely no progress I finally told him that he is on his own and that I will take care of my own car (that is actually a bit of a euphamism but you get the point). I engaged a reputable importer and they have been able to manage the whole process with nairy a hiccup and at a pretty reasonable price. The car is due into Fremantle in a couple of weeks and should be clear of customs AQIS within another couple.

So my story (journey) started on the 8th September and it will be about 5 1/2 months later that I will actually take delivery of my new pride and joy...!!!

Cheers,
Mike

Offline Spooky

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 10:35:45 pm »
Originally posted by mikes68

:w:w:w No offence intended there spooky but now let me tell you a story!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

Back in late Aug / early Sept 09 I was on holidays in Hawaii. My beautiful, long suffering wife finally gave me the green light to go ahead and purchase a pony. It was one that I had chanced upon whilst there (it is a 68 convertible) for a quiet kind of kick back and relax break away from it all with family and friends. Well at the same time I saw an R code 69 Fastback that had no title and emailed the craigslist links to my brother in law who passed it on to another friend who just said "I have got to have that R code". Well I did a tour all around the island and checked it out for him, gave him my 2 cents worth (which equated to a :( so far as I could tell). This "friend" said, "don't worry about the shipping, I will take care of it all and get it real cheap yada yada yada..."

So, after about 2 months of absolutely no progress I finally told him that he is on his own and that I will take care of my own car (that is actually a bit of a euphamism but you get the point). I engaged a reputable importer and they have been able to manage the whole process with nairy a hiccup and at a pretty reasonable price. The car is due into Fremantle in a couple of weeks and should be clear of customs AQIS within another couple.

So my story (journey) started on the 8th September and it will be about 5 1/2 months later that I will actually take delivery of my new pride and joy...!!!

None taken!:(

I have chosen a shipper who ships a lot of their own cars and they seem to have a real passion for them. They are super organized and will hopefully do everything without a hitch. I've gone with my gut on this!
I don't think I could wait 5 1/2 months. It is going to kill me to wait another 1 1/2.

[align=center]
[/align]

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
    • http://s806.photobucket.com/home/tim_morrison82/allalbums
She has landed
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 11:03:29 pm »
just hope they de-gas the a/c.... if the convert had any... lol

Offline Rock65

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 11:19:20 pm »
Already emailed Shumachers twice this week and got told the car they had to fill the container had no title.So my car has to wait till they fill the order. Everything paid up front but still no shipping date.What can i do except fly over and kick sum Butt.Or find another shipper.

Offline mikes68

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 11:22:36 pm »
Already emailed Shumachers twice this week and got told the car they had to fill the container had no title.So my car has to wait till they fill the order. Everything paid up front but still no shipping date.What can i do except fly over and kick sum Butt.Or find another shipper.

Yeah well, what can you do really... they kinda have you by the short and curlys at this point. Just gotta suck it up now I guess.
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Rock65

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 11:30:43 pm »
Thought it might be here for the roundup Mike but no such luck. Maybe Matt could give them the hurry up while he is in Cali.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
She has landed
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 11:34:42 pm »
Thought it might be here for the roundup Mike but no such luck. Maybe Matt could give them the hurry up while he is in Cali.

Hang in there mate :(
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Rock65

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 11:37:27 pm »
Very frustrating nassi,are you crusin' tues nite?

Offline Cage

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 10:02:48 am »
Good on ya Spooky. Some sleepless nights ahead mate. It will go quick don"t worry.

Congrat's and enjoy your dream mate:(

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
She has landed
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 11:03:02 am »
I disagree with ya cage,
I think the last 7 weeks waiting on a ship have been longest of my whole build,
Ive been tracking ship every few hours since in made it to aus waters,
spooky good luck bro,
the wait sucks

Offline Spooky

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 07:03:09 pm »
Originally posted by rickchampion
I disagree with ya cage,
I think the last 7 weeks waiting on a ship have been longest of my whole build,
Ive been tracking ship every few hours since in made it to aus waters,
spooky good luck bro,
the wait sucks

I think you're right. I am a very impatient person and it will be a long hard wait:_
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline Cage

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 04:15:32 pm »
Don't tell me that boys. I was hoping it was going to be one of those things that fly by and all of a sudden it's here. Oh well wishfull thinking. :(

Offline Spooky

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 03:56:14 pm »
Well my car left Florida on Monday so it's eventually on the move;2

The truck picking it up was late because of storms across the US.;1 Hopefully they have a good run going back west. Looking like the end of March now;]
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
She has landed
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 11:15:37 pm »
Geez, guys, give me a break, at least you can see a light at the end of the tunnel with your rides getting here.

Don’t mind telling ya ….Yes I’m as jealous as hell ……..but also lovin ya trials and tribulations about what you are all experiencing getting them here. Helps to spur me on! ;2

But I’m still going through the pain of having to off load a 4wd before I can commit to someone like Shermatt or Ozbuild to start seriously tracking down a nice cool 67-68 Convertible for me. Sooner the better I reckon …..At the rate were going though, mine might get here by Christmas …just not willing to say what year just yet.
:-:-:-

Offline bridgo65

• Thoroughbred
She has landed
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 02:09:40 pm »
Hey Spooky,

Congrats. Nice car mate and go the Verts !!  Whereabouts in Sydney are you ?  I'm in the Shire and a few of the local Shire Mustangs Owners (SMO) are planning a getogether at Northies once we are all registered etc ??

Offline Spooky

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 11:29:30 am »
Originally posted by bridgo65
Hey Spooky,

Congrats. Nice car mate and go the Verts !!  Whereabouts in Sydney are you ?  I'm in the Shire and a few of the local Shire Mustangs Owners (SMO) are planning a getogether at Northies once we are all registered etc ??

Hi Bridgo65

I'm at Galston. The Shire is a bit of a haul for me but might be a nice run once my car gets here.
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline Spooky

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 11:32:01 am »
Well my car left Florida on Monday so it's eventually on the move;2

The truck picking it up was late because of storms across the US.;1 Hopefully they have a good run going back west. Looking like the end of March now;]

Well my car is in the container and on the ship and will sail tomorrow. Should be in Brisbane on the 17th. Should be in my driveway by teh 26th. :a

All running quite smoothly except for a brief delay in being collected in Florida. You can't do anything about the weather.
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline Rock65

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2010, 11:57:02 am »
It sounds like you got lucky with your shipping spooky. I know what it feels like to be waiting. Bought mine late November in Florida,finally arriving in Perth 5th April. That is a very nice steed you have bought.

Offline Spooky

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 02:09:58 pm »
It sounds like you got lucky with your shipping spooky. I know what it feels like to be waiting. Bought mine late November in Florida,finally arriving in Perth 5th April. That is a very nice steed you have bought.

Thanks Rock65. I hope it is as good as it looks in the pics
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline Spooky

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2010, 04:10:35 pm »
My baby is scheduled to be unloaded from the container tomorrow and put through AQIS and customs!! :a
I should get some newer pics sent to me on Wednesday and the car will then be on it's way to me in Sydney. Hopefully will have by the end of next week (unfortunately not before the easter long weekend :_
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
She has landed
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2010, 04:43:29 pm »
Yeah baby! Welcome to your new home!!
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline Spooky

• Worked
She has landed
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2010, 02:41:34 pm »
Well, my car has been unpacked and cleared customs and AQIS.

Now it's just the LOOOOOONNNNGGG wait for it to be delivered to me. ;2
Unfortunately, only after easter;]
Looks as good as the photos the dealer sent me show;_
Once I have the car and I have it rego'd I will update this post with details on what it cost so others can benefit.:2
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
She has landed
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2010, 07:23:54 pm »
Looks Sweet!