60s American Muscle Car Show Rescheduled

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 60s American Muscle Car Show Rescheduled  (Read 10754 times)

Offline newtoponies

• Pony
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 02:56:42 pm »
Great to finally meet so many of you today and see so many great cars.  I am now depressed that the car is back in the garage for another week.  Looking forward to the next cruise.

Mark.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 03:27:54 pm »
Mark, your ride looks excellent.

There are two shows next Sunday at Speed Parts/ Narre Warren, opposite Fountain Gate Shopping centre. Usually a BBQ and great cars to see.

If you're really keen you can go to Krispy Kreme donuts store at Fountain Gate 1st, for an earlier start with a unhealthy breakfast. They have a display on there first.
Then just 300 meters back down the H'way to Speed Parts.

I'll probably be there with a few other buddies.:]
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 07:18:08 pm »
Thanks Frank. Much appreciated. Walking past your car in the outside car park, my wife commented on your wheels giving your car a nice edge. The rear guards are filled nicely.:(

The fastback is growing on me more and more the more I replace on it. (I just used the word more 3 times in 1 sentence!)
I am totally addicted to these cars. Working on mustangs to me is like leaving kid in a candy store all day. Saturdays I go morning to dark. I sometimes wish I could work as an employee for one of the restorers. Not saying it wouldn't be hard work - but hard work you enjoy is a good move forward.

Good to see everyone there today.
Your rides looked awsome. Igalop, I think you underestimate how clean cut and neat your car is. Its a very tidy piece. If it were ever for sale, it would be snapped up pretty quick. I like it.
Mark, what a great start to Mustang Mania. So many little extra finishing touches to your car every time I walked past it I notices something different.

Offline A67PNY

• Worked
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 08:40:08 pm »
Hey Mark,
Well done mate, your car looks and sounds fantastic.  :(

Thirsty your fastback looks brilliant and will look even better when you sort out the clock situation.:+

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 08:52:52 pm »
Thirsty, I appreciate the nice comments. Sometimes I get a bit blase`about my 67.
I am generally quite happy as its been a good ride for over 4 years and whilst nowhere near a show car, does get some nice comments, looks and photos.
We had a terrific line up of very nice cars today and just the number of onlookers around us, says heaps.
Loved the F/B Thirsty, you and Dashboard Doc make a quality pair when out and about in your Red Pony's.
Hope to see some of you guys next w/e at Krispy Kreme for brekky and later on at  Speed Parts  both in Narre Warren. Might be a long day but at least for me its only 800 metres from home.We could cruise there together from my place:+:w
Johnno;

Offline caretaker65

• Worked
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 09:05:40 pm »
Fountain Gate ... Bloody Canberra is closer :w

I had such withdrawals after I arrived home .. out came the Fastback, we cruised for about 2 hrs before putting her back to bed.

Great meeting you all again today & of course all the newbies as well.

Thirsty.. appreciate you being the driver today & Thirsty family putting me up last night.:(  

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 09:13:49 pm »
Hey Doc, keep wiping ya feet when y'all come out east, cos we don't want them thar thistles on this side of town!:w:w:w

Johnno;

Offline newtoponies

• Pony
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 09:16:45 pm »
Thanks to everyone - I really felt welcome today, and the complements are always nice to hear!

I am keen to keep adding to the beast and there is plenty of inspiration and education to be had talking to you blokes.  Thirsty, I'm with you - in the few short weeks I have owned I967V8 I am still learning more and more about her (and now I know how to fix the clock!).

Igalop, I will try and get there, subject to me juggling my conflicting hobbies of golf and ponies (not to mention my duties as a dad - maybe I'll bring a couple of young converts along).  The car far outweighs my ability on the golf course so it should be an easy decision!

;4

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 08:22:18 am »
Originally posted by Thirsty390
Thanks Frank. Much appreciated. Walking past your car in the outside car park, my wife commented on your wheels giving your car a nice edge. The rear guards are filled nicely.:(

The fastback is growing on me more and more the more I replace on it. (I just used the word more 3 times in 1 sentence!)
I am totally addicted to these cars. Working on mustangs to me is like leaving kid in a candy store all day. Saturdays I go morning to dark. I sometimes wish I could work as an employee for one of the restorers. Not saying it wouldn't be hard work - but hard work you enjoy is a good move forward.

Good to see everyone there today.
Your rides looked awsome. Igalop, I think you underestimate how clean cut and neat your car is. Its a very tidy piece. If it were ever for sale, it would be snapped up pretty quick. I like it.
Mark, what a great start to Mustang Mania. So many little extra finishing touches to your car every time I walked past it I notices something different.

Hi John.

Yeah the 10s on the back were one of the things that really attracted me to the car when I bought it. Like that old school look.

Speaking of wheels ... I have the same problem you have on the front of your FB with my daily driver.  I have some rubbing on the rear guards. They have already been rolled and some of the lip even cut off.
I would be interested to know how you go with removing some of the hub face on your fronts. Might work for me too.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 10:25:24 pm »

I would be interested to know how you go with removing some of the hub face on your fronts. Might work for me too.

Cheers,
Frank.

I have the number of the place who machines the inner wheel at work. I'll post it tomorrow.
From what I know so far, they go take off about 5mm max.
Doesn't sound like much, but every millimetre counts when its just scrapping.

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 09:33:45 am »
Frank,

Place is called

Stonestar Australia Pty Ltd
42 Redwood Drv
Dingley VIC 3172
(03) 9551 8393

I just rang them - the most they can do is 3mm - about $25 per rim.

Other option is to take them to neway wheels.
They may be able to seperate the inner rim from the outer rim and shift the offset. I am getting some cragar rims rechromed soon and will have to do exact this before the chrome platers can rechrome them. Once chromed neway weld them back together

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 11:25:04 am »
Thanks Thirsty.

Dingley is really close to me.

My wheels are 2-piece so the centres unbolt from the rims.

Just a question of whether taking 3mm off will make them unroadworthy.

Cheers,
Frank.