Shipping Time?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Shipping Time?  (Read 7093 times)

Offline Rock65

• Worked
Shipping Time?
« on: February 02, 2010, 05:24:05 pm »
My car arrived in LA from Florida in the first week of December and went straight to the shipping yard ,where it has been sitting for nearly 8 weeks awaiting  the slow boat to Freo. Can anyone tell me ,is this an unusally long delay? as i am growing very impatient. Was told before xmas they are waiting on one more car for the container.Fair enough. The car arrives with no title ,hence no shipping. Has anyone else had hold ups with there shipping or am i just being unreasonable? Where to next?

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Shipping Time?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 05:34:03 pm »
Originally posted by Rock65
My car arrived in LA from Florida in the first week of December and went straight to the shipping yard ,where it has been sitting for nearly 8 weeks awaiting  the slow boat to Freo. Can anyone tell me ,is this an unusally long delay? as i am growing very impatient. Was told before xmas they are waiting on one more car for the container.Fair enough. The car arrives with no title ,hence no shipping. Has anyone else had hold ups with there shipping or am i just being unreasonable? Where to next?

Unfortunately it is the luck of the draw. I would imagine not too much goes to WA from LA that has a "shared" container space. That is the issue.

I have been organising cars out of NorCal since early Dec & with one thing after another, the container will be loaded mid Feb. So I know those who own cars that I am packing are just as keen to see them. It was a title that held up this container, along with back ordered Mustang parts. Gave everybody time to get extra so that was not all bad. Also the import duty will be cheaper as it was reduced from Jan 1st.

If they are organising a CA title for the car, it can take up to 6 weeks to appear, as state workers are forced to work a 4 day week because of no state money, so its a go slow.

Offline shopony

• Thoroughbred
Shipping Time?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 06:20:40 pm »
Is it being shipped by SCHUMACHER CARGO LOGISTICS, INC?

My stuff sat in their warehouse for 6 MONTHS!!!!!!

It may finally get here next week.

Offline Rock65

• Worked
Shipping Time?
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 06:25:39 pm »
Yes it is Shopony.I have already paid the shipping back in December. Maybe to late to change companies.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Shipping Time?
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 06:34:20 pm »
Yes it is Shopony.I have already paid the shipping back in December. Maybe to late to change companies.

Don't worry, they are a good company. Not their fault that the car turns up with no title. This is day to day crap for them, it is crazy when you visit the places like that. See my pics of Shumacher's here...

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/Downresto/LA%20Oct%2016%2009/?start=20

I did not put up any "inside" pics, that warehouse was full, probably 150 cars at least not counting those outside.

I will be down there on Wednesday.

Offline usa289

• Worked
Shipping Time?
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 07:00:27 pm »
Hey Kerry,

Love the pics ... I reckon you must work one handed .. with your camera in the other hand?

Cheers (and thanks for the U2U reply)

[align=center]
USA289
[/align]

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
Shipping Time?
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 08:50:00 pm »

Your car was on the same transporter as my truck(I think) so you are not alone . The temptation to email them gets greater each week. Mine is headed for Brisbane and that is the reason for the delay. I was told 23rd Dec the same, waiting on another car. Plenty of time to save for bits and pieces for the muzzies as well as the truck, as well as the ,,,,,oh bugger. The director of finance is close.
See ya.
Good luck all will work out given time.:(

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
Shipping Time?
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 11:11:52 pm »
Originally posted by ozbilt

I did not put up any "inside" pics, that warehouse was full, probably 150 cars at least not counting those outside.

Kerry in your experience do you get to stipulate if the car is kept indoors or is it first come first served basis?
Rick

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Shipping Time?
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 04:32:18 am »
Originally posted by ponyride
Originally posted by ozbilt

Kerry in your experience do you get to stipulate if the car is kept indoors or is it first come first served basis?

All the running nice cars are inside at this location. Same as when using Ken, everthing was inside there. Other places (that I have seen) are different, some good, some bad.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Shipping Time?
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 01:27:02 pm »
Rohan

I just had a chance to read this post and noticed it was you posting it.

I wasnt aware you were having troubles with your shipping...you should of given me a call mate.

Sheri just checked your client folder and that title was sent on the 4th december express/certified mail. (have confirmation slip here)

WTF?

I thought you and the treasurer would be driving it by now

I will give em a call 2moz for ya and see what I can sort out

Cant beleive I busted my ba11s to get them ALL OFF before I went to Oz for 2 weeks and there still there.

However, WA and Brissy are the least shipped too.....everything allways hits sydney and melbourne (even if the cars going to NT or SA...even those two heads in Tassie (just yokes dan)

Offline Rock65

• Worked
Shipping Time?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 01:58:18 pm »
Thanks Matt ,that would be great if you could call them. The title wasnt actually for my car ,but for the car that was going in the container with mine. But it would good to find out if it is going to be shipprd soon.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Shipping Time?
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 02:02:49 pm »
was just talking to Sheri about that...cool...thought it was something that the fatkid slipped up on

No worries guys..will do it tomoz for ya

Hang in there.

Sheri was just watching a Jay Leno vid of his shelby 350....I can send ya the link if ya need a fix?

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
Shipping Time?
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 02:10:20 pm »
hey matt sorry to hijack,
whats your youtube channel

Offline Rock65

• Worked
Shipping Time?
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 02:10:53 pm »
What a great vid.Found it on youtube.Parts 1,2&3

Offline Rock65