nice car.

Think I might bid on it.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Blown66Mustang

• Worked
scam
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 09:53:05 pm »
No doubt another scam. "Dont hit the Buy It Now" button, dont contact me through eBay....WTF...:*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-Ford-Mustang-Fastback_W0QQitemZ230390937200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item35a45eb670

Offline ejmustang

• Worked
scam
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 09:10:41 pm »
HEY GUESS WHAT its back on i emailed him but i see on his add that he only answers you if you direct email him how can we trap him ???;item no 170398317044

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
scam
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 09:22:44 pm »
Ok

I am bidding on it. who's with me?

These car photo's have been used for at least a year.'

Offline ejmustang

• Worked
scam
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2009, 10:15:04 pm »
there are two bidders

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
scam
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 10:40:32 pm »
its gone now!!!
Wait for the next one!!!

Offline Phoenix

• Worked
scam
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 07:17:38 am »
I just had a nice conversation with this poor unfortunate, melancholy and tragic  but yet brave young lady who having escaped from a brutal marriage and fled to the bosom of her family in London is left with nothing but this 66 GT Mustang to remind her of better days which  had held the promise of life long hapiness and fulfillment.

It is perfectly understandable that she would wish to rid herself of this emotional millstone around her neck and sacrifice her future financial stability by letting go of the memories, not to mention the 66 GT Mustang for the paltry sum of $10,000. ( less than the cost of a decent paint job).

Anyway the car is in Darwin sealed for transport at a shipping company whch makes it difficult to inspect and impossible to drive, ( it was at this point that she assured me that I would understand her predicament as she had been the victim of unscrupulous scammers in the past and between the tears I assured her that I saw it all very clearly). However upon payment of the $10,000 through eBay, with whom she has a personal and binding contract, the car will be shipped to me on 10 days approval. If I decide not to proceed the car will be returned to Darwin and my entire $10,000 will be refunded.

Now being quick on the uptake I started to smell a rat and asked for the rego number so that I could do a REVS check ( cause I did'nt want to buy a stolen car now, did I?) but alas I must have scared the sweet young thing off with my forthright approach as she has not replied to my last email. I hope and pray that I have not destroyed her faith in her fellow man with my rudeness and that she does nothing drastic, like driving the 66 GT Mustang off a cliff 'caus there just are'nt that many 66 GT Mustangs left and to lose one needlessly would indeed be a tragedy.

Phoenix, from the desert, not the ashes.
Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
scam
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 09:00:17 am »
What a pity.
I was going to be in Darwin this week.
I could of checked it out for you.

10K seems a little high for "2 fifth's of F*ck all"

See if you can get them down to 5K.  

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
scam
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 05:50:48 pm »
mmmmm.......sounds similar

First email.......

First I want to thank you for question about the car. The car is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage. It have all the papers and document and I am also the first owner. The price is AU 18,500 including the shipping to your address. The car is registered in Australia on my name and address. Currently I am located in Darwin, NT because I just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved here to my parents home. For the payment we will use ebay protection program for our safety and for payment i prefer to use a eBay Safety Bank Account.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon

Thank you

second email......

Hi Justin,

The car is at the shipping company in Darwin, Australia sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
First of all I will need the following details from you: full name, full shipping address. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you want with the car. If you will buy it, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you

Offline Phoenix

• Worked
scam
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 06:24:43 pm »
She was going to give me 10 days, she must have thought I was slow.
Phoenix, from the desert, not the ashes.
Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
scam
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 06:56:54 pm »
Originally posted by Phoenix
She was going to give me 10 days, she must have thought I was slow.

maybe i seemed interested more......:: i was 18500 seemed low but not stupid low

until all the stories started and i got cold feet;]

Offline ejmustang

• Worked
scam
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 02:30:55 pm »
lets wait for the next chapter;+

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
scam
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 02:38:36 pm »
I have got an answer to my email :

Coped below - Its the same old scammer story - they must read the book - Scammer designs for dummies!!!!!

First I want to thank you for question about the car. The car is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage. It have all the papers and document and I am also the first owner. The price is $10,000 including the shipping to your address (only in Australia). The car is registered in Australia on my name and address but currently I am located in London,UK because I just finished the divorce with my husband and i have moved here to my parents home. The payment will be made through eBay and only after you will receive the car, I will receive the payment.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon

Thank you

MY answer was this: (Lets test their Mustang knowledge)

Hi Alyssa,

Is that car an original R code motor?

Also, was it right hand drive at the factory or was it converted after?

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
scam
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 03:01:37 pm »
you can see some poor english in there, but hard to jump on that with the way people speak and write these days....post up the next response thirsty.

oh yeah and tell them they need to get a tat for you to proceed with the sale:w (that was a great read)