Radiaitor Overflow.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Radiaitor Overflow.  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
Radiaitor Overflow.
« on: October 14, 2006, 08:11:00 am »
I have just installed a new 3 core in my 65 coupe, and for some reason everytime i stop the engine, it spits a fair amount of coolant out the overflow hose... Is there an overflow bottle that should be fitted, as all the pics i have seen do not contain anything except a wiper bag... Just trying to search the web for some pics.. but they all seem to cut that side of the engine out for some reason... maybe it isnt too pretty !!!  but as long as it functional.. any thoughts appreciated.. spending alot on an engine to have it overheat is not what i want... Thanks in advance..  ( I have a 14" flexie and a 12" thermo to help keep it cool)

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Radiaitor Overflow.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 09:22:24 am »
Brett, if your not too worried about originality then and aftermarket overflow bottle slots in below the regulator, fairly well out of sight. If you go down this path remember to change your radiator cap to a recovery type.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
Radiaitor Overflow.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 09:43:51 am »
Thanks Nassi, I just dont like the fluid coming out after turning the car off... is this common?? It doesnt appear to be running too hot.. I will look at an aftermarket bottle...

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Radiaitor Overflow.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 07:25:20 pm »
In my experience it is common, the radiator eventually finds its own level and no more problem. I just like the idea of a full radiator every time I set off.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
Radiaitor Overflow.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 09:02:15 am »
I think that my radiator found it's own level, no more coolant spilling out, but I too like to have a full radiator before heading out for a days driving... Thanks Nassi...Just heading down to the American Muscle car show and shine on the Gold coast for a look..