ON THE ROAD- Chronicles of the Fatkid and Inga

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: ON THE ROAD- Chronicles of the Fatkid and Inga  (Read 39899 times)

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Re: ON THE ROAD- Chronicles of the Fatkid and Inga
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2012, 06:37:18 pm »
Joe

Yes mate...were having drinks out that side of town again on Thursday night mate...would love to catch up.....0420 206 292

Heading for a few drinks with the MOCA boys tonight in melbourne then off to Adelaide first thing in the morning

As for the cash...well hey...were still healthy and no one died :)

By the 2nd night here in Melbourne, with all of our older clients and friends.....I could of walked away with $20,000 in friend loans to help us out...I must admit...I was honestly humbled at there offers...all of them had gone to the bank prior catching up and offered it on the side while at the bar...couldnt believe it. Both Sheri and myself were truelly speechless at the Ozzie spirit and love

To all....Thankyou for your kindness and offers

Matt & Sheri
0420 206 292

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »
Just got into Adelaide, Sheri had her carry on stolen from the plane...bit of drama at the airport....14 yr old chinese kid thought it was hers...go figure!...

anyway drinks at the Highway inn on Anzac Hwy and Marion Rd. 6.30pm onwards. 0420 206 292 or 0402 at the beggining ...its one of those

Watch out Chinese
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:20:13 pm by Shermatt »

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2012, 04:35:27 pm »
 :thumb: ..I will come along to say gidday!.......
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2012, 04:39:00 pm »
Just got into Adelaide, Sheri had her carry on stolen from the plane...bit of drama at the airport....14 yr old chinese kid thought it was hers...go figure!...

Think you guys better stay away from travelling for a while!!!

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2012, 05:48:14 pm »
Man, how unlucky are you Guys??? Hope it's smooth sailing from now on.

Great to catch up with you both last night.

Evan.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2012, 08:11:40 pm »
It must be a sign on your backs that reads something like,  " Go ahead , take it, we can get more somewhere"!
Enjoy the rest of your trip guys. :thumb:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2012, 11:20:35 pm »
Good to catch up tonight Matt & Sheri

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2012, 09:20:04 am »
Somehow...they had gained access to the boot of the car and the inside of the car. Took the bank bag with the $7500 in $100's aswell as the ipad.....had to cancel everything
Reported it to the cops and they said they had a few reports like this where they gain access with no sign of a break....Im thinking of one of those signal recorders

Similar thing happened to me this August in SoCal Matt. They stole our passports from out of a locked boot of a Ford Fusion renter.... no sign of forced entry.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2013, 02:55:36 am »
I think this would explain what happened back in December.....same area aswell Pedro...so travelers be carefull

Pricks cleaned us out but left our passports when we were on the way back to Oz. I knew I locked the car! Just took cash and an Ipad

Just thought Id share it as it wont be long and this will be going on in Australia aswell

Just a matter of time.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9052331

More info here

They suspect it could be specially drafted text messages from your phone...go figure that

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-08-19/story/research-finds-text-messages-can-hack-car-alarms-other-wireless

In other news from the US, I made this post on facebook today that I thought I would share

Sitting on my front porch in Florida this morning and our local Sheriff "Tom" pulls up and asks if we had heard what sounded like an explosion or loud bang. He then says...."So Matt, what toy do you have under the cover....is this the F16 Ive been hearing around the streets?" as Toms a bit of a car guy.
Kinda skeptical about showing him a 1200Hp twin turbo, running a 3 foot exhaust, NOS tank in the back and slammed on its nuts with a set of 20's on the back...I lifted the bonnet only to see the smiles grow ear to ear on there faces.

He then went on talking about the gear ratio's of if he could catch me or not and we came to the conclusion that it would be a good run considering I was running 3.50's in the rear and my traction issues versus his Chevy Impala
Not that he was condoning that sort of behavior but was merely making comparisons.

As an Ozzie living in the US, I really feel for every enthusiast back home. This car would be pulled over every 8 minutes in Oz with multiple infringements for no reason where as in Florida, you would only be stopped by a cop as he wanted to look at your ride.

Driving a classic or modded pro-street in America, is encouraged and respected by police. Driving a Honda with a fart can on the back probably isnt as the police can distinguish the difference between a enthusiast and this "so called HOON" affiliation that has been labelled amongst us all.

I really feel sorry for Australia and what our country has become when police deliberately target a nice iconic ozzie muscle car driving down the road with a family just attending a local car show that has 20 cop cars parked around adjoining streets "doing an exercise" as they call it.

I think that if there going to discriminate against these type of cars....they should offer enthusiasts that are NOT hoons....an option of a sticker that can be placed on the rear (2cm x 2cm) that can be stuck on the rego plate that states that they belong to a club and are purely enthusiasts.

You would have to apply for these through a local club and would have to prove what and who you are and if you were to get caught doing something stupid it would be removed by the club/whatever.

Cops would pull up behind the car and leave it alone as they can see the sticker....just an idea....I still think the whole thing is gay the way they portray it in the media.

Not having a crack at cops here...i have a lot of mates that are cops both here and back home that are right into the Muscle cars.

The one thing I love about living in Florida.....I can Build...and drive...what ever I want...Legally.

Have a good weekend guys. Matt
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:21:17 am by Shermatt »

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2013, 11:40:14 am »
Been a while since Ive had time to post on this thread but this is something that is too cool not to share

This was taken last night at the end of our street. Its start off with what people call a funnel cloud. as soon as it touches land or water, its considered a tornado

Never before have I seen something so beautiful yet scary at the same time

The 1st video is from my camera, the second is from Sheris son's phone

Funnel Cloud Oldsmar Florida

Funnel Cloud 2

here is one we got off youtube from a different angle. Bit of Euro language in this one kids

Waterspout in Oldsmar seconds before landfall (second camera)

This is the view we have had on our front porch tonight

Heat lightning over Oldsmar

Not 15 minutes after I started loading this video, Jeremy (mustangjerry) called me and said he wants to come back. Used the Falcon build as an excuse. Your more than welcome either way young man
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:54:12 am by Shermatt »

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2015, 02:03:54 am »
Been a while since I updated this post but figured while I was at SEMA I would throw a link to Day 1 for those that need a fix

SEMA: Day 1
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.874918952558052.1073742112.730025900380692&type=3