half a mill muzzy

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: half a mill muzzy  (Read 1694 times)

Offline 69_stang

• Worked
half a mill muzzy
« on: July 10, 2009, 08:43:43 pm »
;x    HUGE Stimulus package needed for this Muzzy   ;]  

Hope these pictures work
Can read about this on yankee e-bay  item#17033909267  :_

http://s449.photobucket.com/albums/qq211/wito_97/half%20a%20mill/

Offline 69_stang

• Worked
half a mill muzzy
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:51:58 pm »
For those of you that carn't be bothered getting on to   U.S evil-bay

START BID     U.S  $505,000    ;w

Think too many  :2

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
half a mill muzzy
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:59:40 pm »
Interesting story behind it;

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR SHORT ON FUNDS...

In January 1969 the NASCAR Racing world was buzzing about a new engine from Ford Motor Company. It was called Semi Hemi, Blue Cresent, Shotgun, but the name that stuck was, in the term of the day, "BOSS". Now according to NASCAR rules any new engine had to be in a car available to the general public, and at least 500 of them must be built.

To tell the truth, if Ford had put the Boss 429 in the street equivalent of the NASCAR Talladega Torino or Mercury Cyclone, I doubt I would have been interested.  Fortunately, a Ford Executive by the name of Bunkie Knudson convinced the rest of Ford's top Brass including the Pres. of Ford Motor Company to put the new engine in the 1969 Sports Roof Model Mustang .

And the Boss 429 Mustang was born.

I saw the articles in the early '69 Hot Rod Magazines and set out to convince my Dad to let me buy one since I was only 18 and needed him to sign for it, and bless his soul, he agreed. So in mid May of 1969 I put down a deposit for one 1969 Boss 429 Mustang Raven Black. And I had to wait until the end of June before my Boss was delivered. I put 100 miles on it the very first day.

The real reason I bought it was to race, but I gave it a proper break in period of about 1500 miles before really opening it up...WHAT A RUSH !!!!

I had a couple other what I thought were fast cars but the Boss was unbelievable and in 1969 there were Muscle Cars everywhere. The Boss was definitely a contender.

To make a long story longer, some tuning mods and headers helped it to a best time of 12.48 at 114 mph in 1970 and by 1973 I had parked it with just shy of 15,000 miles on it.

Fast forward a few years and here's the Boss today - the way it might have evolved if Ford had continued development.

When I decided to bring it out of hibernation in 2003, there were a number of trailered and Concours cars around. I decided since I already had it that way once, a killer muscle car was the way I wanted to go.

What you get is:

..numbers matching block and heads        ..NASCAR forged steel crank      ..Crower Super Rods  

..custom forged aluminum 11.1 pistons     ..Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Cam, lifters and springs

..stock Boss heads open to full Hemi with NASCAR Stainless Steel valves    ..Stock Rocker Arms and Valve Covers

..Rare original Ford Dual Quad manifold with Dual 715 Holleys and all Stainless fuel lines to Holley electric pump

..MSD Billet distributor with 6 AL box. This combo produces 550 hp and revs cleanly to 7000 rpm

..pulls 12" of vacuum at idle and will run a steady 180 degrees even in hot weather in traffic

..4 row Griffin Aluminum Radiator with electric fan     ..custom stainless steel headers with Jet Hot Coating

..custom 3" stainless steel exhaust        ..stock 4 speed with Hurst Competition plus

..centerforce dual friction clutch         ..Lakewood scatter shield            .. 4:11 posi rear

..original and NOS suspension and sway bars          ..KYB gas adjust shocks

..Wheel Vintiques Billet Magnums 17x8, 17x9.5      ..BFG KDWS speed rated radials

..Baer 4 wheel disc brakes and all new stainless steel lines

..Total Control Power Rack and Pinion with KRC pump      ..Custom export and shock tower braces

..original interior and carpet

This car was completely disassembled to paint and put back together

Always garaged - no rust EVER

Original Color - Raven Black  - done in base coat, clear coat

Tons of spare and original parts go with it including original sales documents, warranty cards, service records etc.

Current mileage - 22,050 and counting

A positive adrenaline rush to drive and turns heads everywhere

When this Boss made its' first public appearance in 2005 at the Boss Cars Reunion in Carlisle, PA, it received an Editiors Choice Award from Dr. John Craft, Author and Expert on Boss Cars, Shelbys, and Mustangs.

Dr. Craft emailed me after the show with the following message  "I really liked your Boss '9. I especially liked the fact that you clearly built it to drive! That made it much more interesting to me than the run of the mill Concours car. Of course, the incredible attention to detail and the overall quality of the work done to the car speak for themselves."

When I read Dr. Craft's email I knew I had gotten the car right in the eyes of someone other than myself.

More details available for serious interested parties only. Yes, the price is high! If you want it and can afford it, please bid accordingly as this Boss is truly one of a kind and I think the last original owner Boss 429 left. If you can afford this, you'll never regret it.