Oil Cooler info

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Oil Cooler info  (Read 4952 times)

Offline Brent

• Worked
Oil Cooler info
« on: June 15, 2009, 06:12:19 pm »
As an ongoing exercise to keep the temps down my next project is to fit a  separate transmission oil cooler, which now runs through the radiator any recomendations to brands ,suppliers, styles etc.
429,C6,MSD, Pertronix coil, Flowmaster, 59K, Griffin radiator, thermo fan, oil coolers. Twice USA magazine featured.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
Oil Cooler info
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:48 pm »
Don't waste your money on a tube and fin type, they are not very efficient. The stacked plate ones are a lot smaller, and the air passes thru them on a 45 degree angle, making them even more efficient, as the air is slowed down, and in there longer, for better transfer of heat.

Holden dealers sell them, part number M41535 for hose clamp ends, or M41536 for threaded fittings. I used a threaded fitting one in my Mustang, with braided lines and fittings.
It is currently in front of the radiator, but I will be relocating it to the right front wheel arch, behind the tyre. Much shorter travel for the hoses, and better looking from the front.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Oil Cooler info
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 06:44:41 pm »
BLKPNY

May need a deflector plate so the rocks from the tyres don't destroy it. Hate to see a trans blowup because of fluid loss.

The coolers & A/C condensors that I have fitted to street rods have all been in front of the wheels because of the rock prob.