Say Hi to Helleanor

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Say Hi to Helleanor  (Read 85222 times)

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2009, 06:22:29 pm »
A few more pics on the bucket. We have made a bit more progress.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2009, 12:44:28 pm »
A few more pics on the Hellanor page. I have been a bit slack with the camera. The body & panels are all in epoxy & heve been bolted up. Looks pretty cool but didnt get any pics of it. Next on the agenda will be test fit the suspension & get the rear end set up.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2009, 01:29:31 pm »
coming along nice steve

Love the dash set up...very nice work mate

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2009, 04:24:31 pm »

Finally gotten around to taking a picture.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2009, 05:36:30 pm »
The fit up is easy, the upper arm is ok it has plenty of adjustment. The original spindles are on now but they are shagged, still tossing up what to use either standard or the TCP ones.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2009, 05:39:07 pm »
Originally posted by SUSPECT

The upper control arm looks short ??

The top arms are adjusted all the way in at the moment. They will be extended slightly as the fitup occurrs. The long nuts you see towards the pivot are both left & right hand threads on each end, so by unwinding they extend.

Yes it is a very easy suspension to set up, providing you understand wheelalignment. That understandanding lets you "eyeball" the suspension for the prelim setup.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2009, 05:42:04 pm »
Originally posted by soc123_au
The fit up is easy, the upper arm is ok it has plenty of adjustment. The original spindles are on now but they are shagged, still tossing up what to use either standard or the TCP ones.

Use the standard ones as you may run into probs with engineers on the TCP spindles. Every invoice you have from TCP probably says "off road use only".

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2009, 05:46:08 pm »
Hey Steve, are you in the shop over the next couple of weeks?

I am doing a swing around a few members places (hybrid & another couple of MOCA members houses) & I thought I would swing by. We can go over lists of parts needed & obtained.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2009, 05:51:36 pm »
I will be around, we finish up officially tommorow until the 4th, but I think I will be coming in all bar the public holidays with one or two of the boys. Still got a few loose ends to tie up over the break. I will give you a ring & see what you are up to, was hoping to catch up before you head back to the land of the global economic crisis.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2009, 05:56:41 pm »
Originally posted by ozbilt

Use the standard ones as you may run into probs with engineers on the TCP spindles. Every invoice you have from TCP probably says "off road use only".  

Engineering shouldnt be a problem, I think the TCP spindles are based on 70 model ones & I am not sure if that will create issues with the tie rod ends. Also its a cost vs bling thing.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2009, 06:12:19 pm »
Originally posted by ozbilt

Engineering shouldnt be a problem, I think the TCP spindles are based on 70 model ones & I am not sure if that will create issues with the tie rod ends. Also its a cost vs bling thing.

They will create issues with the amount of turn you will get. The fix is to mill (read "grind" as I know it is in a panelshop) the ends of the caster bars where they hit the spindle. That allows the spindles to swing more. I came upon this very problem on a 68 that had 70 spindles on it. That was the fix.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2009, 06:14:18 pm »
The tie rod issue is also an easy fix, just get the larger tapered ones for that end.

Offline muzz67

• Worked
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2009, 06:47:14 pm »
Hi Steve,

I used XF Spindles on my TCP with the larger inner Dia bearings. better load distribution on the axle and exact same outur dimension. Used XY on tie rod ends same simple fit up and positioning piece of cake really and low cost out to Northern Wreckers for the spindle and Repco for the rest.

Cheers Lance.  

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2009, 08:12:37 am »
That sounds like a pretty good plan Lance. How is your beast coming along? Looking forward to seeing it terrorising the streets of western Sydney::

Offline muzz67

• Worked
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2009, 08:21:28 am »
Mine is coming along well Steve (not enough hours when you have a boss to keep happy though)

Fired it up on Saturday with the help of BossKraft, it sounds good and strong like all Boss 302's should, well psuedo ones with big roller cams and high comp anyway.

It is trimmed now and only needs the brakes bleeding and then the front paneled up. Might make the All American Day on the 17th, won't be registered (engineer is on vacation) and I will probably need to sort out a few 'back together' gremlins. But otherwise all is good, reckon your shop will be one of the first Cruises to give you a look see.

Cheers and a Very Merry and Safe Christmas and New Year to you and yours.

Lance.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2009, 11:09:37 am »
looking forward to it, hopefully I can join you for a cruise before 2019.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2009, 11:55:10 am »
2019 ? Is that a New Years resolution to get fired up & get it finished? :w

Not that I can talk, a certain green Mach 1 (Carols) has been waiting on a paint job now for 6 years. No time with all the other projects. :_

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2009, 04:12:37 pm »
You cant rush these things, others cars are more important than mine. Without other peoples cars to play with I couldnt afford a 1/18th model Mustang. Realisticly hopefully this time next year it should be getting close.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2009, 11:40:47 am »
Lookin awesome Steve :(
Can't wait to see it with some color:f

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2009, 08:37:41 pm »
I got to say, even though I'm not a true believer in the aftermarket front end thing, the TCP is the stuff to buy if you must have it. It will load the car pretty much where Ford desinged it to be loaded. I'm not keen on the RRS full strut set up.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2009, 04:17:59 pm »
I am pretty confident it will work ok. Its not a race car, its more for the bling factor than anything else. How is your 67 coming along?

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2010, 10:15:16 am »
I am pretty confident it will work ok. Its not a race car, its more for the bling factor than anything else. How is your 67 coming along?  

Slowly, I had to pay out the Ex the week before Xmas, so I need to dust off a couple of things to cash up a little. So I've got an XY replica almost in primer, to knock over, sell and then fit up my MGA which is sitting fully painted just needs chrome,  trim fitted detial etc, fit the head & fire up the E type and give it detail, put all 3 on the market, pay some loot back to the bank. Then I'll knock over the 67, easy body, just some shopping dents, and repair the drip rails, no other rust to speak of.
 Still I came out of the deal with everything, all assets are mine, house, camper van, Discovery, 67 mustang, S + E type Jags, MGA, houshold contents, tools of trade etc, but it did cost $200K+ to get rid of her.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2010, 04:03:02 pm »
I hope she was good value while you were together at that price!! I remember when I was 16 my boss told me "dont hook up with a woman, its cheaper to go to a brothel 3 times a week" I didnt believe him, in your case he may have been right. I was lucky with my first go around, we didnt have anything worth fighting over.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2010, 04:56:42 pm »
Ah well, but considering how much loot she was spending behind my back over the years, particulary in the last couple, before I brushed her, $200K is the best money I've spent in a long time and I'm not the one living in the rented town house, she is, I'm still living 2 streets from the golf course, in Brisbane's bayside, just like I always have. I never use those cars anyway.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2010, 05:03:10 am »
Lots of Hellinor parts loaded, still no engine is sight. It will make the container I am sending my truck in, later this year, prob early June.