Say Hi to Helleanor

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Say Hi to Helleanor  (Read 85213 times)

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 10:16:41 am »
Originally posted by soc123_au
That is exactly the colour I am after. I saw that car on Ebay about 18 months ago & thats when my mind started ticking over about how I would like to do a Mustang.

I think it is Brandy Spap ? Looks kicker

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 10:18:58 am »
 I mean Brandy snap!

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 10:28:37 am »
Brandy Wine over bright silver !

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 09:48:23 am »
Steve another tip to make your A/C easier, when you reverse the A/C, the heat pipes come out in a mirror image almost, but the A/C pipes don't they end up almost hard up against the skirt, I noticed you had remove this on you car, I didn't. I reccomend you alter the lower part of the skirt and push it out into the wheel well a little to make the A/C pipes easier. to access You can weld up all the old A/C heater holes in the fire wall you can't use them. It's too late for this now but it's better to leave the centre section of the firewall insitute as the mount holes for the A/C blower etc don't change, no big deal but it makes for a good referance point when doing the A/C. You can measure this of Bas's car and redrill them now. Are you going to use an XF pedal box cut  and shut with Mustang one like I did, works well!. I use an XB only to get the the hydrulic clutch, but an auto one is the same from XA on.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 10:47:25 am »
I have got a couple of pedal boxes to play with The std Mustang one (manual) XP Falcon (manual) & XF Falcon (Auto) The car will be auto. Do you have a pic you could send me of your pedal box as a reference? Also I have the factory Mustang Booster & an XF one here at the moment & I am not sure which way to go.

The firewall is nearly done. We wont bother making it look pretty until all the a/c, wipers etc have been test fitted. Next will be the dash. We will have a crack at my original dash & see how we go, it is pretty shagged but we can repair it up once its all chopped up.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 10:49:01 am »
Also thanks for the link to the 67 in Mustang Monthly. That is one of the horniest cars I have ever seen. I was dirty when I saw it on Ebay & didnt save the pics of it. I had it in my Ebay & it dissapeared not long after the auction ended.

I will get a litre of Brandy Wine & do some spray outs over different basecoats & see how it looks in the flesh.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 11:18:14 am »
 I used an XB booster due to size, they just fit nicely. Thing is with a Falcon booster bolts straight up to a Falcon pedal box. I just cut the falcon pedal box off just past the brake light switch bracket and welded the dash end of the mustang one to it, takes no time at all work great. Make a frame to do your dash in to keep it straight, the most critical measurement is the hole for the steering really I guess. I think if you look at my picture of the dash in the jig, some of the measurements are on the frame. You will end up with about 10-15 mm to fill in on the drivers side between the A/C hole, and the steering. The dash was pretty easy I seem to remember. I'll send you a pict of the pedal box, even though mine has a clutch the box is the same as an XF as such.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2009, 02:57:59 pm »

Firewall is pretty much mirrored, hopefully everything bolts up ok. Next up will be the dash, plenum & test fit booster etc. A couple more pics are on photobucket.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 03:33:44 pm »
Does this guy know what he's doing or what?!:f

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2009, 04:44:31 pm »
I wish I was as confident as you Bas:w:w

Seriously though, it is coming along nicely, still plenty to do though.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 01:25:20 pm »
Hey steve I was looking at your pics, don't weld your dash in till you hammer up the under side of the plenum from the wipers! The centre wiper is the hardest, drivers side one dosen't need as much hammering. I cut the top sections out with a hole saw useing a socket as the mandrell in the wiper hole. I think I used a 56mm and a 53 or similar this way the bit you cut out fitts in the smaller hole you cut.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 02:10:53 pm »
Its just held in with visegrips. It wont be getting welded for a while. I want to be able to still take it out until the a/c, wipers etc are intalled

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 02:53:22 pm »
Just chucked on a few more pics. The dash is just tacked up at the moment, we are doing the bezels before it gets welded so we can make sure it all fits nicely. Also modifying the brake duct scoops so they work properly & only direct air through the duct & not fill the scoop up with water.  

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 03:00:46 pm »
Mine is still out as well, even though it's finished, baring a skim up. Have to get in and finish that AC. May look at it this week end, although I broke the screen in my Discovery coming back from Dubbo yesterday around Narabri somewhere, so I may pull another one in to  it tomorrow instead, or maybe put my toploader together, see how I feel tomorrow, so many options I'll need more beer I think, to help descide.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 03:09:13 pm »
Beer always helps, only trouble is by the time the beer helps you decide there is no time left for anything other than another beer.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 03:10:45 pm »
Quite so.

Offline 67TTCoupe

• Worked
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2009, 02:11:35 pm »
looking good soc.

man if i only had more time.working full time sucks. weekend is not enough to work on a car. takes toooooo looooooooong. pitty no full time job =no $ = no toys = ;]

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2009, 02:37:50 pm »

Now its looking better.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2009, 03:27:24 pm »
That's the go, how'd you go with the bezels? have you plastic welded thme or are they just sitting there?

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2009, 03:51:46 pm »
Plastic welded, at least tacked for the moment. I am waiting on a new dash pad, when that rocks up we will test fit it & finish the bezels to suit. I want it looking neat with no ugly gaps everywhere. Once the bezels are done I will get them painted & then sent down to Melbourne to get the brushed alloy inserts made up & fitted. We struck a drama with the column its too long. Have got another one coming but probably will take 3 to 4 weeks which is a bummer. Would have been easier to use a falcon column but I want the tilt one like original.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2009, 03:32:24 pm »
Originally posted by soc123_au
Plastic welded, at least tacked for the moment. I am waiting on a new dash pad, when that rocks up we will test fit it & finish the bezels to suit. I want it looking neat with no ugly gaps everywhere. Once the bezels are done I will get them painted & then sent down to Melbourne to get the brushed alloy inserts made up & fitted. We struck a drama with the column its too long. Have got another one coming but probably will take 3 to 4 weeks which is a bummer. Would have been easier to use a falcon column but I want the tilt one like original.

Steve what are you going to paint them with, I'll be keen to see what they look like, painted rather than vacuumed chrome etc

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2009, 10:16:27 am »
I am going to have a crack with the HOK mirror chrome. I got a price from the bronzing studio to do just the instrument bezel in chrome plate. Lets just say I nearly had a heart attack. If I was going for concourse correct I would probably do it, but in this case I think that money will be better served elsewhere. The dash pad is fitted now so it is just minor tweaking now getting it all gapped up nicely. We may get the bezels finished next week. Then get some paint on & see how they look.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2009, 12:03:31 pm »
Was it like $400

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2009, 12:43:27 pm »
600 thats for just the bezel. Then add the piece above the glove box etc & we are getting into some serious coin. Add in the alloy inserts & time taken to convert them & thats some expensive plastic.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2009, 04:31:45 pm »
John gets them done some where in Brisbane, or up the north coast I thought it was less than $400 for the lot. and the ones he did for his mate Dennis a supa good. He makes the insert from Laminex so it doesn't scratch or finger print.