Say Hi to Helleanor

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Say Hi to Helleanor  (Read 85251 times)

Offline Cage

• Worked
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2010, 02:49:24 pm »
I'm going to run them on the Turbo for two years and then maybe swap them over to the mustang. Will go for a set of 16" centreline style mag for the mustang in the meantime I reckon. When I get the turbo I'll come over and you can whack them on your car to see what they will look like.

BTW my 68 should be leaving LA in a week so not long now mate. ;2

Offline 69_stang

• Worked
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2010, 03:42:29 pm »
Originally posted by soc123_au

A bit more old school in a 16". Gotta love the dish:(

Was looking at this deep dish old school look for the 69 conv. Love em.

Steve, what size are these wheels ??
           what size tyres ??
           would they fit the 69 with rolled guards, 9" rear??
           Simmons ???

Would need to be all chrome for the' leader of the opposition'
to be happy.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2010, 03:55:28 pm »
I think they are 16 x 8, the tyre is a 245. This set are the wrong offset by a mile, without some serious wheel arch mods or chop 2 inches off each axle tube. On a 69 you should get a 16 x 9.5 with a 275 under it no worries if the offset is correct. The big drama is to get the fat looking dish the diff needs to be shortened.

Offline muzz67

• Worked
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2010, 05:37:03 pm »
And in NSW the trouble with shortening a diff is you then narrow the track and the +25mm rule then applies to the new track.

Gotta love some of the Rules, But they do look good on the back of it Steve, centres painted car colour and rim polished, woo hoo !

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2010, 05:43:40 pm »
Originally posted by cage
Try that again

Real nice wheels , but you need big mutha brakes to fill in between the spokes.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Kosa

• Thoroughbred
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2010, 06:51:32 pm »
hey soc123_au

car looks awesome atm, will be good to see it finished.

btw thanks heaps for allowing me to have a look around your shop. its definitely widened my knowledge in the restoration side for mustangs. btw looks sick with the massive wheels and lowed look ;_

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2010, 07:33:58 pm »
Originally posted by muzz67
And in NSW the trouble with shortening a diff is you then narrow the track and the +25mm rule then applies to the new track.

Gotta love some of the Rules, But they do look good on the back of it Steve, centres painted car colour and rim polished, woo hoo !

You just need a sympathetic engineer, its amazing the little things you can get passed when it all looks neat & pretty. As long as it is safe.

Offline j1autotech

• Worked
  • MOCA VIC member 1828
  • Name: Justin
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2010, 07:49:59 pm »
You just need a sympathetic engineer, its amazing the little things you can get passed when it all looks neat & pretty. As long as it is safe.  

A cute blonde with a huge rack works wonders everytime with the engineers. Well worth the hourly rate :+

I'll be up in a few weeks Steve, might give you a buzz and pop in for a looksie.

J1

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2010, 07:56:48 pm »
Any time you are in the area J1 it would be a pleasure. Make sure you bring your camera, it would be nice to get some decent pics. I suck at photography.

Make sure you also bring the blonde with the big fun bags:a

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2010, 10:20:52 pm »
Muzz, shortening your diff, and fitting appropriate offset wheels, doesn't nessesarily change the track, but you do need to keep it in mind.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2010, 08:21:38 am »
Originally posted by BLKPNY
Muzz, shortening your diff, and fitting appropriate offset wheels, doesn't nessesarily change the track, but you do need to keep it in mind.

In NSW, the engineers work off the width of the diff, hub to hub, then add the standard offset that Mustangs had. So shortening a diff can be a big issue here.

If you saw the paperwork & the affixed plate that is in muzz67's coupe then you would understand. It is so detailed that the car cannot be changed at all from the way it was presented. All paperwork, inc photo's & affixed plate are kept in the car for any police or RTA inspection.

The laws are getting tougher nationwide on modifying cars, looking at what he had to go through is a glimpse of the future.

As I have said in a couple of threads I started, we have to, not only, keep abreast of changes, but have to be proactive as a group to show that we care for the world we live in. We will be killed by the media & therefore political gain if we don't.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2010, 04:01:51 pm »
Not wrong Kerry, QLD dot sent out a letter a few weeks back, stating that repairers now need to keep a detailed log of all repairs /mods /work done on every car that enters the shop, who supplied the parts, what brand etc, why they were replaced etc.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2010, 04:30:30 pm »
Originally posted by j1autotech

A cute blonde with a huge rack works wonders everytime with the engineers. Well worth the hourly rate :+

I'll be up in a few weeks Steve, might give you a buzz and pop in for a looksie.

J1

J1, yeah...  but what about looking at Mustangs?

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2010, 11:07:59 pm »
Originally posted by ozbilt
Originally posted by BLKPNY

In NSW, the engineers work off the width of the diff, hub to hub, then add the standard offset that Mustangs had. So shortening a diff can be a big issue here.

If you saw the paperwork & the affixed plate that is in muzz67's coupe then you would understand. It is so detailed that the car cannot be changed at all from the way it was presented. All paperwork, inc photo's & affixed plate are kept in the car for any police or RTA inspection.

The laws are getting tougher nationwide on modifying cars, looking at what he had to go through is a glimpse of the future.

As I have said in a couple of threads I started, we have to, not only, keep abreast of changes, but have to be proactive as a group to show that we care for the world we live in. We will be killed by the media & therefore political gain if we don't.

Muzz67 came for a visit in the Coupe last week, so I got to see the Engineers report. Its longer than a Tom Clancy novel. At least there is no areas that can be open to interpretation, very proffesional. The bonus for me is we are running essentialy the same suspension set up, as long as I follow the same parameters I should be ok.

BTW Muzz's 67 is one nice ride!!

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2010, 12:23:49 pm »

Unfortunatly the Lexus seats had do be ditched, no way to make them tilt forward quickly enough to be legal. These little fellas are nice though, electric on the driver side & nice & comfy. They will be trimmed the right colour later, its a shame I dont like beige as they are in fantastic condition. More pics on photobucket. The seat risers are now seat lowerers::

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2010, 12:49:21 pm »
Hey Steve  What are they out of? Are they low enough?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2010, 01:13:31 pm »
I think they are out of some sort of Datto, 200sx maybe. They are low enough now, the seat risers now are more of a reinforcment panel. I just need a 14" GM splined steering wheel, then I can sit in it & make sure everything feels nice & adjust the column length. The console should fit too, I will have it this arvo, after I steal it out of your truck along with all the other crap 0zbilt found for me:(

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2010, 04:38:37 pm »
Got my haul of goodies from 0zbilt, out of Hevs new ride. pretty much got all the trim bits now:p

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2010, 09:51:38 pm »
Steve,

they look like 1990 Nissan 300zx seats. If so there extremely comfortable to sit in for long hauls.

Looks good

How long did you spend on the seat risers?

Matt

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2010, 11:01:22 pm »
Best part of a day on the risers to do both sides. They are reinforced properly so the seat wont pull through & that took a bit of time. Best bit is if you didnt know what they were supposed too look like they look factory. 300zx sounds about right, trimmed up in charcoal leather they should look horn. I like the pattern on them, they were in a 69 mach 1 & the insert at the moment is actual mach 1 trim.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2010, 11:36:06 am »

More mods, should look alright once its finished. Trying to make a 4speed auto shifter work with the factory console & not look like a disaster. The floor needed to be reccessed to get the height right.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2010, 06:31:23 pm »
More mods, should look alright once its finished. Trying to make a 4speed auto shifter work with the factory console & not look like a disaster. The floor needed to be reccessed to get the height right.

You did not muck around once you got some parts!! :(

I need to go over your list & compare to what you received the other day & I can then bring the rest over.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2010, 01:07:55 pm »
Been a bit slack on this one as well. We have mocked up a bit of stuff in the engine bay. I am going to run an engine plate now to get a bit more room for the extractors. Just got to get the finger out & get it made:hand:

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2010, 04:49:45 pm »
Quote from: soc123_au link=topic=6878.msg127115#msg127115
Been a bit slack on this one as well. We have mocked up a bit of stuff in the engine bay. I am going to run an engine plate now to get a bit more room for the extractors. Just got to get the finger out & get it made:hand:

Wow!!! is that the 390 DONK?

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
Say Hi to Helleanor
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2010, 04:57:26 pm »
Yep, big bugger isnt it.