Has Anyone imported with USAtoAUS??

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Has Anyone imported with USAtoAUS??  (Read 37883 times)

Offline shteve65

• Pony
« on: May 18, 2009, 05:56:57 pm »
Hello everyone, new to this forum and planning on importing a car from the US and was wondering if anyone has delt with the company USAtoAUS they seem to be good and prices i like it how they give you a brake down of all the costs involved in the shipping the guy i speak to through email is great but i find it strange that you can only contact them by email and they call you back from an American number. they dont have a company contact number on there website?  

Any other companies highly recommended. Im from Melbourne. Thanks

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:42:42 pm »
I used Auto Ezy Search they are in Melbourne & were good.....I had no hassles , wouldn't hurt to give them a call   :(

www.autoezysearch.com.au
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 06:49:38 pm »
or try shermatt international,
Matt Clarke is great

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:55:57 pm »
Personally I wouldn't deal with any company that hasn't got an email contact point AND a phone number!
What are they hiding?
Have you asked them for their phone number?
If they are running a bonafide business and dont offer a phone number, then leave them out of the equation IMO.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline usa289

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:39:26 pm »
shteve65,

I regularly peruse their website - just browsing and dreaming! Many of the cars they advertise as being available are privately advertised on other sites (eg. craigs list,  cars on line, etc) which leads me to believe they are only brokers ... this makes it difficult to check their credibility and security without business registration, assets, insurances, etc.  There are plenty of "proven" importers who frequent this Forum who I would now place my trust in ..... the importer I used 5 years ago was great but lacked frequent communication to keep my confidence - and that is something you really need if importing the first time!!  

USA289
[align=center]
USA289
[/align]

Offline wasaths

• Pony
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 09:11:38 am »
I am in the process of using USATOAUS to ship back a 72 Chev Cheyenne. Phil has been very helpful in the selection process and also helping out purchasing parts etc to come back with the vehicle. I have also spoken to a number of people that have also used his service, before I handed over any money and they were happy to recommend him.  I know there are many "Rat Bags" out there so you are right in checking these guys out.
I actually found the pickup on craigslist in the Portland area and then Phil took it from there, performing an inspection, handing the money over etc.
I think he is a member of the forum as well.

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 09:43:43 am »
They advertise in Just Cars, but don't clarify if their price is USA or OZ dollars, so worth  :o  

Also check if they include customs clearance/quarantine steam cleaning (if needed) at the Melb end, because that's a few hundred dollars.

Offline USAtoAUS

• Stallion
    • www.usatoaus.com
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 03:56:17 pm »

This is an interesting point that we have heard a few times in the past and something that we intentionally decided  not to post a phone number as we feel that initial communication need to restricted to email.

We do not own the vehicles on the website, they are owned by private parties wishing to sell them so questions are passed on to the owners and relayed back to the interested party - similar to Carpoint for example or maybe a cross between Carpoint and "Australian Muscle Car Sales" maybe.

Inspection funds are transferred electronically via a Credit Card or Paypal so the buyer is 100% protected by these organizations. Generally before any serious activity happens the client has at least one direct phone conversation with us and has access to our phone numbers. There is not one client that we have not been on the blower with to discuss one thing or another, after all we strive to satisfy even the most fastidious clients.

We even have many clients that have come and seen us in person. Some purchase cars over here and do road trips and drop their cars/trucks/5th wheelers/planes of for us to ship.

After being in the shipping game for many years we saw an unfulfilled niche:

1. That US cars in Australia were, are and always have been overpriced. The reason for this is that some bankrolled Aussie comes over to the swap meet with a fist full of cash and starts buying everything in sight. He then ships them back to Australia and makes a tidy profit. Nothing wrong with that, it is called capitalism. But what if we could offer a larger range of US vehicles to our fellow countrymen at prices not seen locally in Australia before?

2. The need to add a protective layer between ebay-like sites and the buyers in Australia that continue to get ripped off by sellers not divulging full details of their vehicles and leaving buyers stuck with junk that they can't affordably repair or legally pursue.

The website was developed through several phases and launched with earnest in the third quarter of 2007 backed by a small National advertising campaign in Australia.

What is in it for us? Apart from the joy of seeing an Aussie get the car they are expecting instead of a pile of rust held together with paint and bog we get to run around the countryside inspecting and photographing classic American cars. Then when it is all said and done the buyer will tell his story and his mates will come looking at our website and know that they are going to get good value for their money.

At the end of the day we believe that we can offer Aussies better value-for-money than any other company bar none. We run the company the way we think it best serves the majority of clients, be it the "right" way or not. We are accountable and are here for the long haul and have a growing number of satisfied clients that are happy with our service.

To answer some of the posts here:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"i find it strange that you can only contact them by email and they call you back from an American number." - Steve, this is time management. We deal with many requests at any given time. If we had a contact number on the site we would be inundated with calls that need to be address by the owners not us. We deal with these enquiries via email. Most enquiries go no further than the initial question. Once an enquiry goes beyond the initial stage we feel that it is important to make personal contact with the perspective client, hence the phone call and now you have our number! It is an American number because we are in America looking at cars for Aussies. You should be able to testify to this statement as it is exactly what happed with you.

"Personally I wouldn't deal with any company that hasn't got an email contact point AND a phone number!" - understood and we can't keep everyone happy. If you were to purchase a vehicle from us you would know us personally.

"What are they hiding?" - our time. We work more hours than is reasonable for anyone to work so email assists in not getting calls from people at 4am wondering if a car is really black or dark blue and do the tyres have good tread.

"Have you asked them for their phone number?" - he already has it, he said so in the post.

"If they are running a bonafide business and dont offer a phone number, then leave them out of the equation IMO." - That is fair enough. Funnily enough trying to get a phone number to talk to anyone at ebay used to be like pulling teeth and they seem to be pretty bona fide.

Thanks wasaths - more parts arrived today. Will email you when done here, got a bit distracted.

I am not sure how you become a " "proven" importer " - how many cars exactly makes you a proven entity. We have been in the shipping industry for almost 10 years and have internationally shipped several hundred cars, trucks, planes, boats and enough engines and parts to sink several battleships.

"But don't clarify if their price is USA or OZ dollars" - Just Cars is an Aussie magazine. We are working for the Aussies, the site has A$ = Australian dollars. All prices are in Aussie dollars, we are trying to make this as easy as we can.

Cheers!

Shipping from the USAtoAUS (BRI - FRE - MEL - SYD)
www.USAtoAUS.com

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 08:12:58 pm »
Any more questions folks :+
Looks like everthing has been well covered.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:04:16 pm »
No one asked me If id like FRIES with that?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 09:46:38 pm »
You crack me up hev :+

Would you like fries with that?.....and would you like to up size for an extra dollar?(aussie dollar that is ::)

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 02:36:30 pm »
and hold the mustard.

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 08:33:32 pm »
And no ice with the coke

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 10:22:18 pm »
Well the forum cleared that one up fairly quickly, and good to see it has reach and clout for the benefit of members importing cars.

Good on USA to AUS for telling the story of how they run their business.

However the unanswered query on local customs clearance remains important in establishing the total bill to get an imported car onto your doorstep.

Oh, and I'll swap out the coke for a nice hot brewed coffee.......yes, one sugar please.  :w:w:w

Offline USAtoAUS

• Stallion
    • www.usatoaus.com
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 06:14:42 pm »
Originally posted by 66RedRagtop
Also check if they include customs clearance/quarantine steam cleaning (if needed) at the Melb end, because that's a few hundred dollars.

Copy/paste from the website:

This price includes cleaning, packing, clearing USA Customs, shipping, clearing AUS Customs, port fees, unpacking, initial AQIS inspection and agency fees. You will be responsible for GST on the vehicle as per government regulations and any additional AQIS activity. Optional Insurance is available and encouraged.

Cheers
Shipping from the USAtoAUS (BRI - FRE - MEL - SYD)
www.USAtoAUS.com

Offline truckrod

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
Re: Has Anyone imported with USAtoAUS??
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 11:05:48 am »
Yes.
Well Im sorry to say USAtoAUS, Lawrence Ryan Indris Newell and Philip Newell are at it again. What makes matters worst is that Lawrence is a personal friend and we always got on well with Indy and Phil.  We purchased a large complete mustang floor and USAtoAUS shipped it to there depot.  All fees were paid up front including requests for insurance as the part was very expensive.
To cut a long story short the floor arrived squashed at the Kelso depot. No timber frame remained and the chassis looked twisted from Lawrence's photos. I have repeatedly asked/begged for insurance papers, from all three persons, many many phone calls and emails to Lawrence Indy and Phil and still 12 months later Lawrence and Phil claim insurance has been paid out but as yet I have received nothing.
So many communications as well as a letter of demand has received no response whatsoever.
I have used their services before and they were great. So why not pay what is owed to us.  There is no dispute money is owed.  Im guessing no insurance was even taken out.  All up $4500au.  Indy has given me credit of 900au on other frieght because of the amount owed but know Im in fear that they just want to keep the money for themselves.
Lawrence Indy and Phil, why?  I have a family, please assist and do the right thing.  And my other parts, where are they, its been 5 months!

Offline truckrod

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 06:09:50 pm »
Ok so disaster averted. A dodgey email address didnt help the issue. Lawrence and Indy sorted out asap with many thanks.  I understand parts take a while as have ours but as much as Ive had a winge here I must say Indy has bent over backwards to sort various issues.  Its just the way shipping goes sometimes.  Ive had 4 shipments so far and they all take a while but arrived safe and sound

Offline teacherspet

• Worked
  • Name: Pete
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 06:41:07 pm »
Nothing like a happy ending.  :thumb:

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2018, 11:32:26 pm »
Hi Tim,
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you say you are a Mopar guy yet you join a Mustang forum and your only 3 posts are about how wonderful a particular import company is?  I'm sure you can see how that might look like you're affiliated with them in some way.

If not, forget what I said and welcome to the forums!  We look forward to your posts on some other topics as well...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:55:31 pm by BAC »
Cheers,
Brian

Offline 6R09

• Pony
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 06:15:41 pm »
I used them a couple of years ago and was pretty happy with their service, I mainly dealt with Indy who was nice to deal with. The only criticism was that there was some sort of delay at the US end and I wasn't kept fully in the picture as to arrival date. Not a major issue in the end but if they had let me know which ship it was on I could have kept a track of it for my own knowledge. Despite asking they didn't or wouldn't tell me. Would I use them again? - Yes
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 06:18:36 pm by 6R09 »

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 08:56:58 pm »
No one asked me If id like FRIES with that?
[/Hi Paul I was starting to think you had evaporated quote]
Happy to see you still around
Stormin

Offline Spidermcglurk

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 12:44:43 pm »
Hi,I am in Australia and this is only my second time I have posted on a forum,in fact first time on any forum,I'm not even on Facebook.I am posting this as a warning to others about a company that comes on here,AUSTOUSA or USATOAUS and its owner Lawrence ryan(in the USA) and PHIL and INDIRA NEWELL(based in Australia) My wife and I run a farm in Australia,we are good people(my wife looks after disabled kids) and we consider ourselves hard working and honest.I am a car enthusiast(particularly early toyota fj40s) I unfortunately first met PHIL a few years ago,when I sold one of my troop carriers on eBay.He told me he was an importer/exporter and asked if I was interested in sending some cars over to the USA to sell and make some money on.To cut a long story short,he shipped 6 cars over in succession,the first over being over 2 years ago and he now owes me somewhere between $20,000-$30,000.To be honest,I am not sure exactly how much,because he has lied about when and how much they have sold for.He refuses to answer my phone calls,emails and texts(he took six months to answer one of my texts) Over the last 2 years,I have sent about 30 emails requesting the money owed.I am not the only person complaining about this company,have a look on the Internet,they say the same thing,they go to ground and don't respond.I have also just found out that you cannot take any legal action here in Australia,because it's a USA company and they are not registered here.I have also tried to make contact with LAWRENCE RYAN in the USA.He also refuses to answer any phone calls.He did text and say he was sending me the whole ammount(6 months ago)but the server dropped out and he couldn't do it.He has also made broken promises.Both he and PHIL have admitted they owe me a lot of money,but after trying for more than 2 years to get what's owed to me,I'm more than a bit pissed,in fact,it's been depressing and has completely sapped my love of old cars.To make matters worse,I had a terrible accident and was almost killed.I broke both my feet and badly broke my back and ended up in the Gold Coast hospital in the spinal unit.I was very lucky to be alive and spent 8 months in a full body cast,learning to walk again.Because I had no insurance and couldn't work our farm,I had to pay all our weekly bills on credit cards.I unfortunately accumulated huge debt in the process.PHIL knew this and still wouldn't pay me what he owed.Nice guy.I can't tell you the strain it has put on my marriage.I don't normally get duped like this,but PHIL and his wife are religious and I kinda assumed they were good people,you live and learn.If anyone is thinking about using this company,be very CAREFULL.They wont give any address of the location of their warehouse.They only have themselves answering the phone,so if things turn bad,they just don't answer the phone.They do everything by email.Phil is a good talker,I am sure he will come on here and defend himself,but the facts are,he owes me a lot of money and has for a long time........I don't want anyone else to go through what we have had to.Thanks for listening guys,regards,kelly

Offline teacherspet

• Worked
  • Name: Pete
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 01:17:14 pm »
Sorry to hear about this & I hope it gets resolved soon. I learnt the hard way also that if someone says "trust me, I am a Christian", DO NOT trust them. Most, not all, are just bloody hypocrites who think that by going to church on Sundays absolves them from all their wrong doings. From what I have read on different forum sites, you are but one of many who have experienced this type of treatment from these people. Remember, Karma will get them one day.

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 02:58:39 pm »
Sorry to hear about this & I hope it gets resolved soon. I learnt the hard way also that if someone says "trust me, I am a Christian", DO NOT trust them. Most, not all, are just bloody hypocrites who think that by going to church on Sundays absolves them from all their wrong doings. From what I have read on different forum sites, you are but one of many who have experienced this type of treatment from these people. Remember, Karma will get them one day.

Agree with this 1000%

Offline Spidermcglurk

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2019, 03:57:45 pm »
Thanks for that guys,I appreciate it.The thing that annoys me about all this,is that after 2 years of trying to get my money out of PHIL,he suddenly turns around and tells me that he has in fact,never received any money from my cars shipped to the USA and that I had to contact his boss in the USA(LAWRENCE RYAN) and talk to him???? Even though I delivered all the cars to Phil's business in Brisbane and PHIL shipped them to the USA and had only ever done business with him.Does that sound like Buck passing? I had never heard of,spoken to or knew of Lawrence RYAN,I had to google who he was.Lawrence flatly refused to answer any of my phone calls of return my phone messages,he would only very sporadically return a text message.I have been desperate to track down the last car that was sent,as it was worth the most ammount of money and no one would tell me where it was.Phil,finally,said in a text,that it was sitting in their warehouse in North Carolina,not sold.I called their bluff and phoned a classic car dealer in the USA,got their phone number for a car transporter and organised to get it moved at xmas time.I texted both PHIL and Lawrence and told them I was flying over there to oversee the whole thing.Suddenly,I receive a text from Lawrence,that the car has miraculously just sold for $25,000 US dollars........that money mysteriously disappeared........anyone smell a rat?....... In a text(this is the ONLY way both PHIL and Lawrence will communicate) Lawrence admitted he owed me a lot of money,only,no one will tell me when,where or how much anything sold for.Lawrence told me PHIL actually sold the car,but PHIL tells me Lawrence in fact sold it,confused? Lawrence told me he was going to pay me everything(that was 6 months ago) he tells me he is waiting on a big payment from a mystery person........if I wasn't so desperate for this money,I might find this funny.Need I say,use this company and the people who own and run it at your own peril.......