Technical & General Discussion Area > Importing Cars & Parts - General Freight

Has Anyone imported with USAtoAUS??

<< < (2/9) > >>

wasaths:
I am in the process of using USATOAUS to ship back a 72 Chev Cheyenne. Phil has been very helpful in the selection process and also helping out purchasing parts etc to come back with the vehicle. I have also spoken to a number of people that have also used his service, before I handed over any money and they were happy to recommend him.  I know there are many "Rat Bags" out there so you are right in checking these guys out.
I actually found the pickup on craigslist in the Portland area and then Phil took it from there, performing an inspection, handing the money over etc.
I think he is a member of the forum as well.

66RedRagtop:
They advertise in Just Cars, but don't clarify if their price is USA or OZ dollars, so worth  :o  

Also check if they include customs clearance/quarantine steam cleaning (if needed) at the Melb end, because that's a few hundred dollars.

USAtoAUS:

This is an interesting point that we have heard a few times in the past and something that we intentionally decided  not to post a phone number as we feel that initial communication need to restricted to email.

We do not own the vehicles on the website, they are owned by private parties wishing to sell them so questions are passed on to the owners and relayed back to the interested party - similar to Carpoint for example or maybe a cross between Carpoint and "Australian Muscle Car Sales" maybe.

Inspection funds are transferred electronically via a Credit Card or Paypal so the buyer is 100% protected by these organizations. Generally before any serious activity happens the client has at least one direct phone conversation with us and has access to our phone numbers. There is not one client that we have not been on the blower with to discuss one thing or another, after all we strive to satisfy even the most fastidious clients.

We even have many clients that have come and seen us in person. Some purchase cars over here and do road trips and drop their cars/trucks/5th wheelers/planes of for us to ship.

After being in the shipping game for many years we saw an unfulfilled niche:

1. That US cars in Australia were, are and always have been overpriced. The reason for this is that some bankrolled Aussie comes over to the swap meet with a fist full of cash and starts buying everything in sight. He then ships them back to Australia and makes a tidy profit. Nothing wrong with that, it is called capitalism. But what if we could offer a larger range of US vehicles to our fellow countrymen at prices not seen locally in Australia before?

2. The need to add a protective layer between ebay-like sites and the buyers in Australia that continue to get ripped off by sellers not divulging full details of their vehicles and leaving buyers stuck with junk that they can't affordably repair or legally pursue.

The website was developed through several phases and launched with earnest in the third quarter of 2007 backed by a small National advertising campaign in Australia.

What is in it for us? Apart from the joy of seeing an Aussie get the car they are expecting instead of a pile of rust held together with paint and bog we get to run around the countryside inspecting and photographing classic American cars. Then when it is all said and done the buyer will tell his story and his mates will come looking at our website and know that they are going to get good value for their money.

At the end of the day we believe that we can offer Aussies better value-for-money than any other company bar none. We run the company the way we think it best serves the majority of clients, be it the "right" way or not. We are accountable and are here for the long haul and have a growing number of satisfied clients that are happy with our service.

To answer some of the posts here:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"i find it strange that you can only contact them by email and they call you back from an American number." - Steve, this is time management. We deal with many requests at any given time. If we had a contact number on the site we would be inundated with calls that need to be address by the owners not us. We deal with these enquiries via email. Most enquiries go no further than the initial question. Once an enquiry goes beyond the initial stage we feel that it is important to make personal contact with the perspective client, hence the phone call and now you have our number! It is an American number because we are in America looking at cars for Aussies. You should be able to testify to this statement as it is exactly what happed with you.

"Personally I wouldn't deal with any company that hasn't got an email contact point AND a phone number!" - understood and we can't keep everyone happy. If you were to purchase a vehicle from us you would know us personally.

"What are they hiding?" - our time. We work more hours than is reasonable for anyone to work so email assists in not getting calls from people at 4am wondering if a car is really black or dark blue and do the tyres have good tread.

"Have you asked them for their phone number?" - he already has it, he said so in the post.

"If they are running a bonafide business and dont offer a phone number, then leave them out of the equation IMO." - That is fair enough. Funnily enough trying to get a phone number to talk to anyone at ebay used to be like pulling teeth and they seem to be pretty bona fide.

Thanks wasaths - more parts arrived today. Will email you when done here, got a bit distracted.

I am not sure how you become a " "proven" importer " - how many cars exactly makes you a proven entity. We have been in the shipping industry for almost 10 years and have internationally shipped several hundred cars, trucks, planes, boats and enough engines and parts to sink several battleships.

"But don't clarify if their price is USA or OZ dollars" - Just Cars is an Aussie magazine. We are working for the Aussies, the site has A$ = Australian dollars. All prices are in Aussie dollars, we are trying to make this as easy as we can.

Cheers!

nassi:
Any more questions folks :+
Looks like everthing has been well covered.

HEVEN67:
No one asked me If id like FRIES with that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version