Are you going to put these gearshifters on?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Are you going to put these gearshifters on?  (Read 134977 times)

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2009, 04:03:41 pm »
Corection to the Kings springs KFFL 0  or KFFL 01, the 0 will be a little lower, the 01 will be a little higher/stiffer KFFL 0 are 6cyl Cortina or alloy head falcon. 01 is iron head or V8 falcon.  If you running extra weight like A/C etc maybe the 01 would be better.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2009, 04:57:21 pm »
We will put the original springs & shocks back in for the time being or use the standard xf springs. The rear leaf springs are going to need a reset at some point so I think it will be better to get the car complete & then do the springs according to the ride height Bas is after. I think it would be best for him to see it sitting with everything back on with the right wheels etc & then work out the stance he would like it to take.   At least all the arms & ball joints & bushes will be done. Any monkey can do the springs & shocks without scratching it. The existing front shocks are in good nick so they will get the job done for now. I priced a set of Koni adjustables but it is $550.00 better spent elswhere at this stage.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2009, 10:30:08 pm »
KYB gas adjust are about $140 a pair, work fine. 1/4 of a  coil cut of the stock mustang coils looks good. Kings are about $90 a pair trade

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2009, 04:40:32 pm »
Pics updated. Might need to start another album.

Time to make this puppy into an Eleanor!!!!

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2009, 05:04:10 pm »
Another vote for KYB gas adjusts  - pretty good value for money for how they perform.

soc123_au - you guys are really hooking in and making some serious progress.

Any closer to a colour choice??

Offline fatso1

• Worked
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2009, 08:44:18 pm »
Is Chip Foose and the A team there.... you fellas are going for it.... well done is looking great!:+

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2009, 09:21:40 pm »
moving along like a well oiled machine. lookin good guys

6R07C*** Body-65A, Hardtop, standard interior, Colour-4, Silver Frost metallic, Trim-26, Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl.
Date-03B, February 3rd ( same as the misus) D.S.O-72, San Jose Axle-F 2.80:1, Limited Slip

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2009, 08:03:03 am »
Bas is coming for a visit tommorow night, we will try & nail down colour then.

We are pretty lucky here, we have some very good tradesmen. They are making good progress & the results are shaping up nicely.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2009, 09:53:55 pm »
:a:a:amate I'm over the moon!!!
How long has it been since it was picked up?....;x is that all???

i'll leave the hood question for Steve to answer.:f

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2009, 08:57:17 am »
The original bonnet had a nice bow through the the centre. The hinges had the original springs. Strangely enough the bonnet was steel with a glass scoop & some pecker head welded a couple of steel plates on the bonnet frame to try & stiffen it. The springs are now gone & we have a couple of options on what to use instead. The bonnet will live, we straightened it out to use it to check gaps. Thought it better to get gaps with an original bonnet & modify the fibreglass one to suit as opossed to gapping he car with an ill fitting bonnet.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2009, 12:39:22 pm »
A couple of pics of the Eleanor conversion. This will be a fairly slow process getting it all to fit.

New album link  

http://s608.photobucket.com/albums/tt169/St_Marys_Prestige/Bas%20Eleanor/

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2009, 01:14:49 pm »
Body kits never fit, wether its' for a Skyline or a Mustang, sanding and bog that's what fixes them. You'll have this primer in a week or so. Seems a shame to cover up all those new panels with fibre glass but it's Bas's car., not mine.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2009, 01:38:22 pm »
;x;z.......

Can't wait to be driving this beeeaast!!
Mo. thanks for persuading me to use the kit.....nothing like an elenaor.IMO.
Color: a freind asked me a question : "how many colors was the original Eleanor made in or how many colors is a MAD MAX beast come in?".....point taken. Pepper grey with black strips it is.:(

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2009, 01:45:33 pm »
By the way Bas I dug out the that Power steer stuff, blew the bog dust of it and took some pictures. Doesn't look like it's been a part, since new still has factory tie rods which are stil ok, Chrome on the ram looks good, still has oil in it. I'm guessing a set of fresh seals a  new ram boot ,hoses and it's sweat, thats all Id do if were going back in my car. PM me your email and I'll send some pics, no rush it's been sitting there for 2 years  now. If you still want it let me know and I keep it for you.

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2009, 02:42:26 pm »
Originally posted by stangLover
;x;z.......

Can't wait to be driving this beeeaast!!
Mo. thanks for persuading me to use the kit.....nothing like an elenaor.IMO.
Color: a freind asked me a question : "how many colors was the original Eleanor made in or how many colors is a MAD MAX beast come in?".....point taken. Pepper grey with black strips it is.:(

The "Original" Eleanor was Yellow.....:w oh and a '73 I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2009, 03:01:52 pm »
Originally posted by shaunp
Body kits never fit, wether its' for a Skyline or a Mustang, sanding and bog that's what fixes them. You'll have this primer in a week or so. Seems a shame to cover up all those new panels with fibre glass but it's Bas's car., not mine.

It would have been nice if it only needed sculpting. It will be fine but some of the peices dont even go close. At least the quality of the fibreglass is good so the end result will be nice.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2009, 03:04:03 pm »
Thanks Shaun,

U2U sent.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2009, 03:05:16 pm »
ok, u got me, I think he was referring to the "Gone in 60sec" car Eleanor.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »
Originally posted by soc123_au
Originally posted by shaunp

It would have been nice if it only needed sculpting. It will be fine but some of the peices dont even go close. At least the quality of the fibreglass is good so the end result will be nice.

Bake them steve before you primer them, to make sure all the solvents come out of the glass. I did a cobra once and it played up in the primer(luckliy). We ended up bakeing it 3 times before it stopped playing up, after that the primer held out and the colour was fine. Doesn't matter of Jap cars cause they crash them all time so the paint dosen't have to hold out too long.

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2009, 04:11:11 pm »
Been caught out with that before. Bas's kit has been is his garage for 4 years so it should be pretty well cured. His bonnet was RS so we are using my one which is pretty fresh. Once all the bolt on bits have been reshaped & fit properly they can get baked a few times with other jobs & then get a few coats of polyester to finish ironing them out. The glue on bits will get a bake tommorow before they get glued on.

Offline tom289

• Pony
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2009, 06:53:05 pm »
hey baz

LOOKING GOOD !

i wish i had known about your panelbeater, before i put mine in
the shop,

Mine took two years, at the end i was visiting twice a week until they got sick of me....

yours is coming along real quick, credit to your PANELBEATER  

tom.........

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2009, 07:09:16 pm »
Guy's what's the best adhesive to bond fibreglass to metal? Will it crack eventually? I'm thinking of putting some large scoops over my 67 quarter panel gills sorta like the Elnor thingy's but I need to blend them into the surrounding panels.

Offline ken

• Stallion
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2009, 08:12:22 pm »
.............THE ORIGINAL FILM WAS CALLED GONE IN 60 SECONDS ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2009, 08:17:41 pm »
Originally posted by MustangNut
Guy's what's the best adhesive to bond fibreglass to metal? Will it crack eventually? I'm thinking of putting some large scoops over my 67 quarter panel gills sorta like the Elnor thingy's but I need to blend them into the surrounding panels.

I thought you would make them out of metal yourself!  

Offline FIELD MARSHALL

• L Plates
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2009, 03:30:32 am »
Originally posted by ken
.............THE ORIGINAL FILM WAS CALLED GONE IN 60 SECONDS ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH You`re so clever!  im sure bas and the rest of the forum know this fact, but its painfully clear you dont realise bas was referring to the latest reincarnation of the original movie.
If only you were this astute in picking good automobiles!