He (or She) who dies with the most Mustangs Wins

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: He (or She) who dies with the most Mustangs Wins  (Read 5216 times)

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:54:05 pm »
Hi All.

I was having a chat with some friends - NMOWNFI (Non Mustang Owners With No F%#@ing Idea) who did not believe that anyone (unless they were a dealer or importer) would own more than 2 Mustangs. The discussion came about because I was talking about the forum and how almost everyone that joins doesn't say they have just bought a Mustang, but rather they have just bought their 1st Mustang. My point was that heaps of people would love to own more than one (and many do) with quite a few owning more than 2.

This has probably been done before, but for those out there with more than 1 Mustang, can you please let the forum know what they are -  and whether they are daily drivers, being restored or show cars?

Red71

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 11:00:28 pm »
Don't own 2, only just got my first and it's a daily driver. Already have told the missus I want another in a couple of years so I can pull this one off the road and freshen it up, and then she'll have her own. Got her blessing;2. A couple of years will come around fast.

6R07C*** Body-65A, Hardtop, standard interior, Colour-4, Silver Frost metallic, Trim-26, Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl.
Date-03B, February 3rd ( same as the misus) D.S.O-72, San Jose Axle-F 2.80:1, Limited Slip

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 11:03:34 pm »
It's a disease... One is never enough.

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 11:17:04 pm »
Originally posted by MustangNut
It's a disease... One is never enough.

How true!!

then there is the model car collection as well.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 06:59:25 am »
I only have 1, but I had it sitting on the driveway once and this 65 or 66 with a guy on L plates with his Dad drive by and stop. They say nice 70 and BTW, they have 9 Mustangs !
No idea who they were. This is in Melb bayside suburbs ! I think some were race cars.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline BLU302

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 09:24:03 am »
I'm really happy with my 68 coupe but now I want a 68 Fastback to go with it.
I think it is a disease because even if I do get the F/b(Bullitt clone) then I'll want a 69 Fastback.
Bob

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 09:56:37 am »
I got a coupe of models, I play with em all the time.
One mustang is enough for now for me anyway but I must admit the thought has crossed my mind but then the thought of a rolling pin across my forehead was too overwelming and I used my wifes perogative and changed my (her) mind

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline srh

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 10:53:52 am »
We have a 64 1/2 coupe which we have had since we got "Mustangitus" about 6 years ago, and we bought a '68 convertible last October (The Missus wanted a convertible in the first place)
I think your first Mustang is "special" though, would be very hard to ever let it go

Steve
Oh yes, i do have a few models too, some of them i have had since a kid.

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 01:07:35 pm »
Well I've got 66 and 65 verts, both in Candyapple Red.

One with red trim and the other Palomino.

One made in the USA and the other in China.   ;w

Yep, the 65 is a diecast model, and sits on the desk to remind me of the 66 in the garage.

Think I've got the symptoms of Mustangitus too, cos I'll be after a 66 fastback (real) as soon as the little aussie battler $ lifts into the 90's again, as it's bound to do.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 03:14:49 pm »
I have six Mustangs with the seventh (1966 350 GT) on the way.
 My '66 Springtime Yellow GT coupe is my daily driver (when it's not raining), the rest are shrouded in plastic display cases on my bookshelf!!!!! Sorry for being a "smart-----rse" but if you can't afford more than one of the real thing, then start a stable of models!
Stable includes:
64 1/2 coupe (1/24th scale)
the following are all 1/18th scale
65 coupe
65 Springtime Yellow GT F/B (to go with the real one)
67 Eleanor
67 Eleanor Modified Muscle Car
66 Blue 350 GT (on the way)
Not to mention my museum as I call it of various signs, books, flags, mugs, stubby holders and vanity license plates.
I think I qualify for Mustangitus
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary