Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 70  (Read 8670 times)

Offline Mustav

• Pony
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 01:44:42 pm »
Yep I agree, with 4V's ports being too big, and putting fillers in, but i do want to keep her 351 4v, with matching numbers

-  i have heard lots of good things with Terrys Funnelweb, i have Weiland already and not happy - all up i am hoping to get 450hp.

Look at the GTHO's they ran exactly same set up,( except i have few better mods) and they went pretty well.

I will keep you posted

Scotty

Offline Mustav

• Pony
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 01:48:23 pm »
Originally posted by shaunp
Originally posted by Mustav
4V heads are the bees knees, just look on ebay, what are 4v's going for compared to 2v's

I will come back with flow charts when she is all done:a

4V heads are the reason why it has no torque down low, they are too big at low rpm. This is the reason why you fit port restrictors to make them smaller or closer to a 2v head. 4v heads out of the box are a Hi rpm head. It's also why you can buy aftermarket 3v heads. They will be fine once you fit the port restrictors, they will increase gas velocity at low speed, and torque as a result. Still reckon you have the wrong manifold if you want to make low torque. How hard do you want to turn it. If you arn't going turn past 6500 a good dual plane is what you want.

Thanks, nope i bought it myself from Washington state in US, and bought it in, QLD car

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 02:05:08 pm »
Originally posted by Mustav
Yep I agree, with 4V's ports being too big, and putting fillers in, but i do want to keep her 351 4v, with matching numbers

-  i have heard lots of good things with Terrys Funnelweb, i have Weiland already and not happy - all up i am hoping to get 450hp.

Look at the GTHO's they ran exactly same set up,( except i have few better mods) and they went pretty well.
I will keep you posted

Scotty

Scotty HOs are weak down low as well, they were built to work up high as they to had be to race, infact they are probably worse than your car down low. At the end of the day the single most important mod you are doing is the port fillers, this is what will give it some botttom end, and fix your problem and don't let anyone tell you different. The rest is icing on the cake. you won't have any trouble getting 450

Offline Mustav

• Pony
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2009, 05:50:07 pm »
cool:a