BLOODY WIVES!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: BLOODY WIVES!  (Read 7285 times)

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 10:52:41 am »
:w:w:w:w......

oK This is crackin me up!!! Even though it seems I'm the only one on here dat doesn't have a problem with the mrs. as she's trying to persuade me to mix up the stang not the other way around........BUT DUDE! THE ONE MISTAKE YOU'VE MADE IS TO GIVE YOUR WIFE ACCESS TO THE FORUM!!!!!

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 10:55:53 am »
Mild67 you need fingerprint access to your forum logon!!!:+:+:+:+
Cheers Bee

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 12:08:32 pm »
Originally posted by MILD67
He's just pissed that I left him with the kids for 2 nights! & I don't know what he's so upset about, he still had time to pull the Mustang apart!

HAHAHAHAHAHA - best laugh for the day!!!  
Owned by your wife on a public forum:w

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 12:38:44 pm »
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 04:39:19 pm »
Originally posted by stangLover

I've been quoted $15000 ;w so far from THREE different smash repair shops, as they all said it will need to be stripped back to bare metal, plus needs some work on aligning the panels etc...before the respray.

My dream : to find someone that is in or around sydney that will do the job without charging 15000, I'd be happy to pay around $10000....but don't want a crap job either.
Someone that can say , no problem we can fit the kit, strip the paint, align the panels for around $10000!!!!!!!!!

Any offers?!

Also, I have a freind who owns a convertible Impala......needs restoration and has just been approved for personal loan to get this project on the way. So we can put both cars in and I'm assuming we should be able to get a deal?

They quoted you $15k? ;_

Sounds to me like they have never fitted an eleanor kit :w:w:w:w:w:w:w

And if you want working side pipes :- :-

Seriously........15k?  is that a drive in drive out price? or are you doing the reassembly?

Cheers
Jas

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 04:57:26 pm »
Ok Jas,

So what I'm hearing from you tone is that 15grand is too cheap?!....
Lets keep in mind that the car has all brand new sheet metal from the front quarter panel through to the rears, both sides.
Floor has new floors put in but bodgy job, and all new panels need a little realigning work, scoops need refitting as there are gaps....so yes there is a bit of work to be done. but not as bad as ones i've seen where they're full of bog and rust.
Also, the car has a GT350 body kit not an eleanor, I have the eleanor kit seperately. At this stage I would like to sell it as it seems its going to cost me more to put it on than it did to buy it.....lol.:(

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 12:35:20 am »
G'day,
      well you failed to answer my Q as to whether their quote was drive in/drive out.........it makes a HUGE difference.

Assuming that you are going to strip/refit your car, 15k is in the ball park.

I know i toasted you some over the eleanor kit, but i did so knowing that other readers would like to go that way.

The eleanor kit is no different from the GT350/500 body kit, the photo that is your avatar, i can see 6 hours work, and thats only one corner!!!!

Just for observers who might want to do an full eleanor..................and want the exhaust to work through the side skirt.,,,,,,,,
To do so, you need to relocate the rear torque box (front spring hanger)  There is only one way to achieve this, and thats a coil over conversion......................exit 8-10k for a quality unit.   then the  spindle locaters need modifying,,,,,,,,,,,good bye 2k.( i can't even quote that shit.......its hourly rate as charged to me!)

I digress.................
lets go back to a STANDARD car (no body kits)
A brief breakdown in costs.............
Blasting ( i use a dual blaster..........plastic/garnet)   2.5k for a quality job
Material..................2.5k   (clear over base, colour + clear= 1300)

so thats 5k out of our 15

that leaves 10k to spend actually working on the car.......... thats less than 140 hours!!!!!!

I have a 67 FB in shop now.  Straight panel/paint work is at 230 hours!
admittadley we got extra for the GT350 extra's..................but end result is that its cheap!

when you pull the 'quote' apart its very cheap..........i have one advantage over other repairers................i have the data to put your mustang on a car-o-liner and ensure it will wheel align.

;2

Cheers
Jas

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 12:34:29 pm »
Q was for drive in-drive out.

To give you better indication of my car....

http://photobucket.com/GT350_album

It has mostly been striped...ie. bumpers, chromie bits, no door locks or boot lock. no interior side panels?!, no carpet, headliner, seats, dash pad or kick panels.

So when they have quoted, they are able to see everything ie. skins are new all the way through except the roof ofcourse and obviously they can't see whats under the paint but they can see humidity blisters, hence why they want to strip it to bare metal etc..

..and like I said, i've given up the idea of putting the eleanor kit on as I just dont have the funds and so it must be sold to someone else who has the same dream of building an eleanor.

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 02:44:38 pm »
All this from "Bloody Wives"
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 03:21:01 pm »
Ye it was the "Bloody Wife" that said hurry up and do it!! "F" wat anyone else says....you wanna do it, I support ya, just hurry up and do it.!!!:w:w.....its All her fault!

If she was against me then I wouldn't be in this delimma...;w

Offline Darren Dorcich

• Worked
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 09:36:06 pm »
My wife said "do not" buy a Mustang and after i begged for a while she said OK and I bought a 1969 Cobra Jet.  In need of a lot of work but will eventually get done.  Then i said I wanted to buy another and she again said "NO".  Again i begged and i ended up with a 1966 A code Fastback GT.   I thought it was ready to drive but needed a tidy up in the engine bay.  Motor rebuild, rust repairs, considering a new paint job, more tidy up, more rust repairs and soon I will be finished.  I will never tell her she may have been right and I shoild not have bought either but the day is approaching when both will be done and she will never be able to say "I told you so".  They will never understand.:a

Offline mudguts

• Thoroughbred
BLOODY WIVES!
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 08:03:08 am »
after complaining about the price of doing my "mini resto" the wife why dont we sell the MX5 to pay for it?????. I take half of the cash for the car and shhe takes the other for a trip to italy.  iI still think theres more to this theory of  hers so I said no. besides the mx5 is a friggn' great fang and only 2000 were made of this one world wide.