Technical & General Discussion Area > General Chat Room

Brett Stevens Arrested?

(1/1)

mach70:
Did anyone see this one?

Its been doing the rounds on some of the other forums for about a week.

Five arrested after Coast drug op
3:38p.m. 3rd February 2009
| By AAP

Queensland police have charged five people and seized more than $6 million worth of property after a year-long drug operation on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.

The haul included 11 high performance drag-racing vehicles - six drag cars and five motorbikes - which were seized at Yatala, south of Brisbane, police said.

Earlier today, 15 search warrants were executed on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts and Brisbane with one also in NSW.

A Narangba man, described as a prominent member of the drag racing community, was due to appear in court today.

The Australian Crime Commission and the Crime and Misconduct Commission were also involved in the operation, which Detective Superintendent John Pointing said had broken a significant network generating a large amount of drugs and cash.

Five people arrested have been charged with 17 offences.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009/feb/03/five-arrested-after-coast-drug-operation/

Gotta say this is real bad new for ANDRA if its true.

moe:
http://www.nmd.com.au/nmd/news/details/7243

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to explain to you the situation that has arisen this past week. I understand that numerous national news channels and publications around Australia have led the public to believe that I was caught with on my property, or in my possession, a large quantity of drugs, drug manufacturing apparatus, and huge amounts of cash, amongst other illegal items.

This is totally and utterly false and a great deception that is once again an attempt to destroy my character or what is left of it.

As proof to verify that these implications are completely false, I have included with this letter the property receipts from the police themselves, of what was actually removed from my properties in which there is nothing illegal in regards to any of it.

Note:
1/ There was absolutely no drugs or evidence of drugs found or removed from any of my properties as was portrayed to the public by the media and police.

2/ There was absolutely no drug manufacturing equipment, pill presses or anything else that relates to the manufacture of illicit drugs found or removed from any of my properties.

3/ There were no large amounts of money found or removed from any of my properties.

The only money taken was approximately ten thousand dollars which was from my daughters Skye’s money box, the cash floats from our merchandise trolleys, merchandise that my wife Kath had sold on e-bay, one days banking from our business and some money that Kath and her family had put aside for her brothers head stone on his grave.

I don’t mind admitting that financially it is has been a tough time of late, but if I was this person that is being portrayed, would I be in the financial difficulty that I am in now? I wish I had the millions of dollars in cash they said I had and then I would pay off all my creditors.

I don’t want you to feel sorry for me, but what I do want is for you to think about the person that you know and have dealt with for the past number of years and please don’t judge me on the unjust ‘trial-by-media’ that I have received. I don’t know how, but I need to get the truth out there as to what really happened, and I would appreciate any help in regards to this.

In closing, this is going to be a very tough time for my family and I hope that none of you will think badly of them and will give them the support they deserve. Please spare a thought for Kath and Skye as they are the most important things in my life.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Brett Stevens
brett@brettstevensracing.com

moe:
http://www.nmd.com.au/nmd/news/details/7242

The Australian National Drag Racing Association (ANDRA) has elected to suspend all of retired competitor Brett Stevens’ National titles and records until his current legal issues have been resolved.

Although having officially retired from the sport in December, ANDRA has also implemented an immediate lifetime ban from competition, which will be reviewed once a verdict has been reached.

mach70:
Thanks for that mo.

Just shows that like always the media like to blow it outta proportion.

Hopefully Brett is found to have clean hands on this and is given the same press coverage when he is.....yeah right as if they will report he is found not guilty...B@st@rds.

6T9rustang:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by mo
http://www.nmd.com.au/nmd/news/details/7242

The Australian National Drag Racing Association (ANDRA) has elected to suspend all of retired competitor Brett Stevens’ National titles and records until his current legal issues have been resolved.

Although having officially retired from the sport in December, ANDRA has also implemented an immediate lifetime ban from competition, which will be reviewed once a verdict has been reached.

--- End quote ---
I absolutely agree with the comments from 'motor demon' at the bottom of the link you supplied.
Guilty or not guilty, on the track or burn out pad, Brett Stevens will always be an inspiration to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POiPqlMC1vs

...and what of these 'street machines/show cars'? It doesn't take much brains to realize that MANY(not all) of these cars are not all built on an honest living!  And yet they keep their fame!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version