Cost of club rego

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Cost of club rego  (Read 6512 times)

Offline ScottQLD

• Worked
    • http://www.stangtv.com/
Cost of club rego
« on: December 27, 2008, 11:19:16 pm »
So if i was to put my car on Club rego, does that mean i can only drive it to club events here in Qld? what are the rules behind it does anyone know?

Offline Brent

• Worked
Cost of club rego
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:38:39 am »
Shaun, as I ony drove a thousand miles last year I have investigated this, it is under "Special Interest" rego on qld rego website. Briefly you can only drive to club events, 15 km roadtests, or to a repairer, quite restrictive.;)
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Registration/Motor_vehicles/Street_rods_and_vintage_cars/
429,C6,MSD, Pertronix coil, Flowmaster, 59K, Griffin radiator, thermo fan, oil coolers. Twice USA magazine featured.

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
Cost of club rego
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:17:51 am »
You can also drive to immediate families ceremonies such as weddings, formals etc.  You can also drive to other clubs car shows etc.  I am on it as I only drive my car to such events and find it great
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Cost of club rego
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:51:55 pm »
And for the purpose of testing within a 15km radius of home, as well as to a repairer.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Cost of club rego
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 05:48:42 pm »
Scott,

Registered operators must confine their vehicle’s use to:-
  Participating in rallies organised by incorporated car clubs;
  Participating in processions for which a Special Events Permit has been issued under the
Transport Operations (Road Use Management –Accreditation and Other Provisions)
Regulation 2005;
  Exhibiting the vehicle in displays, fetes or similar functions conducted for religious,
charitable or educational purposes;
  Ceremonial purposes (weddings, formals) involving immediate family members provided
this is not done for fee or reward. Immediate family means parents, grandparents, sons,
daughters, grandchildren but not extended family relationships such as nephews and nieces
  Preparing for, proceeding to, and returning from the above activities;
  Travel in order to have the vehicle repaired. There is no distance restriction in these
circumstances however such travel must be reasonable and openly justified by the vehicle
operator;
  Road testing within a 15 kilometre radius from the place where the vehicle is garaged.
The purpose of the travel must be to road test the vehicle following repair or restoration
and not for any other purpose. This does not include use as a means of transport;

if you need to read more, have a look at

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/file/eb794c0b3159444/Pdf_special_interest_vehicle_scheme_guide.pdf

;{

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Cost of club rego
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 05:51:38 pm »
I have it in Vic and it works great for my purposes...  well worth it and with the new scheme coming will be even better.  Insurance is even cheaper.

:(

Offline Brent

• Worked
Cost of club rego
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 12:12:05 pm »
Does any one know the cost in Qld
429,C6,MSD, Pertronix coil, Flowmaster, 59K, Griffin radiator, thermo fan, oil coolers. Twice USA magazine featured.

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
Cost of club rego
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 12:25:51 pm »
Originally posted by Brent
Does any one know the cost in Qld

Was $150? Last year from memory.
Only way to go if not a daily driver, with new changes to rego charges even more reason.

Offline Miami

• Stallion
Cost of club rego
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 02:15:34 pm »
does anyone have this in n.s.w

Offline 68pony

• Worked
Cost of club rego
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 02:28:29 pm »
Originally posted by Miami

miami i'm sure AMCCA can organise club rego , talk to garry
Club rego to restricted for me , ive taken her out almost everyday this week.
Just remember you have to tie in your drives with club events , which may not suit.
Ive lost count on how many times ive gotten up on a day off work and just taken off.

Offline srh

• Thoroughbred
Cost of club rego
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 04:11:55 pm »
Our car is on NSW club rego, its fairly restrictive, but you can be registered with 2 clubs like we are, that way you can go to any event the clubs put on or are invited too.Have a look at the RTA website for conditions etc.
Works for us as we are usually going to a club event, cost is $58? a year, and you can get cheaper insurance, through Shannons at least

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Cost of club rego
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 05:53:10 pm »
Originally posted by 68pony

Just remember you have to tie in your drives with club events , which may not suit.
Ive lost count on how many times ive gotten up on a day off work and just taken off.

I have to agree, too restrictive. Its my car, I built it and I'll be buggered if someone else is going to say when I can and when i cant drive it and its modified so probably dosnt qualify anyway. :( The one currently getting done will probably have to be club reg though as i have 4 on normal registartion ATM.
Hard decission.
cheers.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
Cost of club rego
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 06:05:50 pm »
Originally posted by nassi
Originally posted by 68pony

Bearing in mind different state rules.
Rego in Qld is too bloody expensive compared to Nsw and Vic. And Sa have tuff rules on mods.
Make the most of what is suitable in your particular state .
Pissed or Sober:2:w

I have to agree, too restrictive. Its my car, I built it and I'll be buggered if someone else is going to say when I can and when i cant drive it and its modified so probably dosnt qualify anyway. :( The one currently getting done will probably have to be club reg though as i have 4 on normal registartion ATM.
Hard decission.
cheers.