Really?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Really?  (Read 11460 times)

Offline T-CODE KID

• Worked
  • Name: https://www.
Really?
« on: November 15, 2008, 03:29:16 pm »
im
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:30:57 am by T-CODE KID »

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
Really?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 04:24:41 pm »
Ok, I have always known stuff shipped from the US to take 3- 6 weeks.  Also, if a car in the container was not cleaned properly, and customs query it, the whole container is held, and everyting needs to be cleaned and checked.

Are you sure it was actually sent early August, or was that when it arrived at the docks, waiting for it's turn to be loaded?
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline stuie87

• Worked
Really?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:32:18 pm »
Cleaning is a Quarantine issue not a Customs issue.
Two different agencies.

Offline GOLDSCODE

• Worked
Really?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 07:17:42 pm »
Which Just Cars????? what page??????

Offline eri67

• Blue Printed
Really?
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 09:30:59 pm »
Originally posted by T-CODE KID
just cars .. the classic car ones where all the aus, usa cars etc are  
which page ?       i dont have latest mag of it

and the beauty of the system is ..for them ...  

"we got ur car,,, now bend OVER and play ball  or u get jack"

but clue is ,auto...search

Someone else on this forum got done over by the same crowd, couldn't find the thread, but it was a top notch black 65/6 fastback,from memory, if that helps

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
Really?
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 09:38:58 pm »
Originally posted by T-CODE KID
i am getting rorted by an aussie importer and i will disclose his /their  details & i will u2u anyone who wants their details so as to keep away from  them
 2 problems
#1   a slow boat is supposed to take say 35 days
from Lost Angleheads to Melbheartburn

ok lets give benefit of the doubt up to 10 weeks,70 days    

my stang has taken from   1st week of august till next week   19 /nov/ 08 to arrive /be cleared,,
quick estimation 14-16 weeks , 100+ days ,cos it makes me sick at this moment to think
and
problem #2 on TOP OF THAT wants another 600$ cos they reckon there were customs queries on mine and other 3 suckers mustangs in the container,due to prices paid & extra cleaning .blah blah

but his Just Car ad clearly states "no hidden charges"
yet right mister easter bunny

so at end of the day i am paying alot more dollar fo a much slower service ,when supposedly shipping container orders in general have dropped dramatically due to world financial debacle

any solictiors on this here forum?  

i know bikie clubs have solictors ,doctors ,dentists watever

Just been thru all that.I bought my car in April.-I've had my car two days.

Dealer in the USA took a couple of weeks to find the title.

Anyone want to know my SA based import agent ?- U2U me as well.

Mine took 6 months to get here (Seattle to Adelaide)via Alaska,Japan,Singapore.

Looking at the agent's contacts over the months.eg shipping line,freight forwarder etc etc -not a difficult exercise really-but if the car got here quickly and I was kept in the loop-I'd have no complaints.

Offline junior

• Worked
Really?
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 01:45:25 am »
i was luck to see my car off personally in california and roll onto the container... however, the time set asside to when it leaves the docks is another story - so it eventuated, i got it over here quick snap !  good luck mate, thats terrible news !

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
Really?
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 08:45:17 am »
shopony-U2U sent re importer.

Offline nt0351

• Pony
Really?
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 12:01:46 pm »
hey T-code kid,
the $600 extra is obviously to cover the decline of the aussie dollar ,..but they havn't got the balls to tell you the truth,..i can sympathise with you and understand that it has taken the joy out of the process ,...but when you finally get it and  sit your bum on the seat it will all be forgotten,......you obviously used this crowd because the price was right ,...am i correct ?? ....here's a tip for all of you ,...always go for a respected smaller operation ,..you will pay more but the difference is they care and its well worth the extra coin.

quick story :
six months ago i imported  a couple of mustangs ,..i always use the same people as they have been good to me and get the job done right,...weve had our little incidents over the years but thats to be expected.

at the same time a mate is importing 3 high end 50's and 60's cadillacs,..he asks  who  i use ,..so i line him up with my shipper ,...im now in the US and he asks me to check out a couple of his newly aquired caddy's,..... as my dealings are on-route i stop and have a look ,..i then organise the same truck to pick up the 2 cadillacs with my stangs ..... as far as i know he is using the same shipper ,...

now back at the US shipping yard ,..my 3 cars arrive but the caddy's dont ,..i ask why the weren't picked up,..im told by my shipper they were but were dropped off at a different shipper at the request of the owner ,...i ring my mate  he tell's me that  my bloke's a rip-off and that he just saved $1000 per car ,...fair enough i think to myself ,...my guy has always pulled thru for me and is pretty relaxed  about me loading  parts in the container so i justify the extra cost that way .

back home ,...my cars and parts  arrive exactly the way they left and are in my driveway within the month ,  

my mates cars take 14 weeks to arrive,....but thats only the start of it ,...one has damage on the bonnet by a beam that collapsed [built to support  the car on top] ,...car on top damaged on the side as a result,..... also punctured a brake line and leaked onto the roof of the car underneath [ same car that copped the bonnet damage ]   ,......oh but wait it gets better!!!!

trying to start the car [ $90k full restomod 62 caddy lowrider ] they pour fuel down the carb ,it backfires and pretty much burns the front half of the car to the ground,;x..not to mention one of the yardman has to be taken to hospital suffering burns to 40% of his body.

one of the cars survived the whole scenario un-marked so at least thats something

lets just say it was a very sour experience that has cost him plenty  ,.....he is still out of pocket big time,....but he did save three grand;w

the moral here :........ you get what you pay for !!!

Offline nt0351

• Pony
Really?
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 01:33:18 pm »
yeah mate ,..i didnt mention the shipper on purpose , he doesnt advertise  and works from word of mouth ,..he has enough on his plate and he prefers to fly under the raidar,.........i would be more than happy to recommend him should you require his services in the future,

to date my mate has been  paid total loss for one of the cars
dont know what happened with the worker

it can a frustrating experience ,..like you said he set the price you paid it ,..so you would expect them to be professional and come thru with the goods ,.......not stuff you about and ask for more money ,.....but unfortunantly its a very fickle industry ,..they all try to outdo each other and at the end its the client that suffers,.... i have dealt with Nick Smith intl in castlemaine they were pretty good ,

i know who your shipper is and ive heard similar stories.,......for the money they charge they are forced to use  bottom of the barrel operators to turn a profit and when thats the case it becomes a game of chance really ,...the fact that they load 4 cars in a 40 footer tells you that there not good operators,...as long as it arrives in one piece dont worry about the extra money ,...just dont use them again.....mind you the vast majority of  mustang importers in Melbourne use exactly the same network,..but they wont tell you that!!.

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
Really?
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 10:44:51 pm »
I would like to say a couple of things about importers now that I've finally got my car...not sure if this is the right place.

This was my first experience and a steep learning curve.

My car took 6 months to get from Seattle to Port Adelaide including 2 months where the car sat at the dealership while my import agent attempted to organise road transport from Missouri (where the car was bought) to Seattle.

I was told the whole process would take 8 to 10 weeks.

As far as I know,there is no regulatory body,watchdog or association of car importers where a customer might lodge a complaint or get some advice.

If there is I don't know of it.

While you have a car on the way you are completely at the mercy of the import agent.If you are unhappy with progress or the amount of information you are receiving and make a complaint-it may be detrimental to your cause.

Some of the import agents offer their services as a sideline to a completely unrelated daily (non car related)occupation.
Enquiries from customers then have to wait till outside business hours.

Some questions I would now ask a prospective importer -ie wisdom after the fact.

-What route does their chosen shipping line  take to reach Australia?
direct or the long way via Asia.

-Does the importer do all the paper work including the import approval ?

-Is the agent available by telephone during business hours?

-Will the agent provide you with up to date information about the status of your car?

-What is a reasonably accurate timeline for the process from start to finish?

I'm not sure that glowing testimonials on websites are the best guide.(my mistake)
Word of mouth seems to be the best guide-finding someone who has recently had a good experience with an importer for example.

I have discovered since begining the process of importing my car that there are some very good import agents out there who are professional and competent,but unfortunately it takes a while to find out who they are.

Is there a place here where competent importers can be listed and recommended?

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Really?
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 06:35:45 am »
We have imported cars and had some good experiences and also some bad ones.

Our favourite Shipper is Schumacher Cargo Logistics. They gave us fast service and use the direct ship. No B/S.

Our preferred Receiver/Broker is Loch M Fraser in Melbourne.

No doubt there are other good Shippers out there, but our experience with the abovementioned have been fuss free.

Another tip - As soon as you purchase a car in the USA, have the Certificate of Title and Bill of sale Emailed directly to yourself and then immediately apply for your Import approval through DOTARS.. It takes 3 weeks for the approval to arrive, and the car cannot be shipped without it.

The cleaning of cars is an absolute rort by AQIS and the waterfront crowd. Just another way for them to make you part with your money IMO. Does not matter how well you clean them before shipping! Several of our cars have arrived with spider webs underneath after so called cleaning. Just factor it into your costings.

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Really?
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 07:12:22 am »
Hey T-code

How is ya mate. I hope thats the 69 we spoke about on the phone. Not because of the dent etc but the fact you actually FINALLY got it.

As for some of the comments above, well I agree, there should be a section that people can just click to find Importers just like us that can help find mustnags. As for a section that gives people advice, well...this is it.

I spose Were lucky. Weve never had a complaint from any of our customers. We stay in touch with them every step of the way. Theres no hidden fees, we do all the paperwork...even attend swap meets here in the states just to buy them presents for there cars (we dont tell them weve bought them anything) we just send it :(

We have just sourced a 73 mustang for a member on this forum and I contact him pretty well EVERY day...either by phone or email. I think I could say I have takin close to ...hmmmm 700 photos, organised whatever he would like packed in the boot....Even cut out 2 little bits of rust in the floor pan. Cant tell ya just yet what I bought him as a pressie as I only bought it for him yesterday...

We like all our customers to be informed and up to date. But when it comes to the shipping lines...I just use Schumacher cargo in LA. never had a problem but yes, once they have the car, even I cant do anything. As for "you get what you pay for".....that saying is never going to die.

Im not trying to give our company plug but Im just trying to say that its hard being compared to the rif raf thats out there and there is still a few of us "good importers" left.

I enjoy what I do and I enjoy knowing that once I have helped a fellow ozzie get his dream car that when im down in Oz on holidays or business, I can pick up the phone and go and have a beer with the guy...or girl.

Ive been in this business for 15 years  and Ive seen company's come and go. Ive heard and experienced some of the most horrific things there are in the industry and its a shame that some of these other mobs that just mess everyone else around and make it so hard for the people at the receiving end.

T-code....think of it like this...atleast your story has a car in it....Imagine if your post started with PAID FOR CAR >>>NOW ITS GONE.

Atleast you finally got it

Yes, i agree with you though...and also some of the other posts in here

Cheers
Ozzie Matt

www.shermatt.com

Offline shopony

• Thoroughbred
Really?
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 08:48:35 am »
I am coming to the end of a long drawn out process.

When I wanted to import a car I asked for advise on this forum and someone gave me a glowing report on who I used. I phoned the importer and he sounded great and his web site looked professional to.

That was the last time I spoke to him. Since I bought my car in the states he has never returned my phone calls and will only comunicate via email. He has been so slow. I have had to organise nearly everything or else I would be still waiting. Because he was so slow in doing things he has charged me for more storage even though if he had done a half professional job the car would have left the states with no storage fees.

On his initial introduction letter he made it sound so easy and he would do everything. In real life it was stressful and he did very little apart from charge me. The only thing that happened on time was getting his bills.

If you are importing a car, try to ask a few people who have used the company you are thinking of using. The only way to stop these unprofessional importers is to tell people not to use them.

I should receive my car in a week or so. After that I will be quite happy to tell you who I used so you do not.  :_

Offline Zorak

• L Plates
Really?
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 03:57:50 pm »
Originally posted by Shermatt
Im not trying to give our company plug but Im just trying to say that its hard being compared to the rif raf thats out there and there is still a few of us "good importers" left.

Come on mate 98% of your posts plug your company.

You are trying not to plug your company as much as this guy is trying not to plug your company - 31 questions answered and they all by chance happen to recommend your company. Odd isn't it?

Yahoo Answers

Offline scedd

• Worked
Really?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 07:01:47 pm »
Originally posted by Zorak

You are trying not to plug your company as much as this guy is trying not to plug your company - 31 questions answered and they all by chance happen to recommend your company. Odd isn't it?

Give the bloke a Fair Go!!

I havent seen anyone ragging them yet.
That in itself is a recommendation.
The best thing this forum does is provide balanced comments and detailed info from owners life experiences.
Have a read of some of the posts that are quite lengthy and you will see how the true facts always surface eventually.
When i get the nod from the ball and chain to hunt down a Raven Black 69 Fastback, Matt will be in the top 2 of importers i talk to, based purely on my research to date.
Whoever i use, i will tell everyone i know if i get good service, but i WILL tell the world if i get bad service.

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Really?
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 07:27:52 pm »

scedd, that was very well put!

Totally agree with everything you wrote. Looks like Matt is gaining quite a good following. I would certainly talk to him before buying a car.

After all, he is an Adelaide bloke - so he must be good!

Rocket.  
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline eri67

• Blue Printed
Really?
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 07:32:47 pm »
Originally posted by scedd

Give the bloke a Fair Go!!

I havent seen anyone ragging them yet.
That in itself is a recommendation.
The best thing this forum does is provide balanced comments and detailed info from owners life experiences.
Have a read of some of the posts that are quite lengthy and you will see how the true facts always surface eventually.
When i get the nod from the ball and chain to hunt down a Raven Black 69 Fastback, Matt will be in the top 2 of importers i talk to, based purely on my research to date.
Whoever i use, i will tell everyone i know if i get good service, but i WILL tell the world if i get bad service.

Have to agree with scedd, Have not heard any complaints yet, I think we are all mature enough to realize that Matt is in the Importation business and we all take that into account, but he seems like a decent bloke, any way Zorak who are you:: a competitor maybe?

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Really?
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 09:30:25 pm »

Yahoo Answers

How about you introduce yourself mate, while everyone is entitled to an opinion its probably better not to flame someone on your first post.
Meanwhile :]
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Really?
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 12:20:31 am »
Zorak,

Thats a fair comment however Im commenting on a thread in relation to IMPORTING.

If I really want to plug our company you would find a thread in cars for sale or in this Importing section saying everything that is kool about our company...BUT...there ISNT. I only have a Fastback in the cars for sale section that was posted some time ago. Im here to help and offer advice. I dont care if someone uses another company

I JUST LOVE MUSTANGS MATE.

T-Code, glad to see it all panned out for ya mate. I thought about that sh!t for days on how I could sort that for ya and kept hitting a brick wall with every conclusion.

I finally came up with one 2 weeks later, just incase you rang back saying it was useless with the other mob and here is what I came up with ...THE ONLY WAY

I was going to fly up there, apply for a deputy/sherrif to attend with a signed stat dec from Sheri who is a public notary, get the car out of the yard that it was being held at, and deliver to Schumacher in Gardena...just down the road.

I was then going to apply for a lost title in Nevada Texas, have it put into my name, sent to me in Florida and then sign it over with a shipping  form with you as the consignee in Australia.

would of takin 2 weeks all up and about $4-500US in travel and paperwork but it would of been sorted and on a boat....

comin at ya like cleopatra....:(

Thats the only thing I pondered on for 2 weeks after our call. And thats the only thing I could think of with all the diferent importers and shipping lines you had involved with this car.

Either way, glad to see you got the puppie on its way home.

When i made my comment of "atleast you have a car in your story" and not "Paid for car>>> NOW ITS GONE"

I was thinking of you and this 69 situation the whole time.

On another note, how does this suck...Sheri got invited to White house and I got invited aswell for lunch on wednesday this week. Shes up in Washinton at the moment and I have 7 cars here that I need to get pressure cleaned new parts fitted and some with restoration work before there shipped and I have to finish off this ALLYnor convertible before the turkey rod run next week... so I cant go.

Its no biggy but how many Ozzies do you know that have been in the white house for lunch....its not something that I dedicate myself too (wanting to go to the white house) but it would of been a cool experience.

I reckon it would of been great just to walk in the biggest and echo...eist part of the place and yell

OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE...OI OI OI   :+

By the way boys, thanks for sticking up for the Fatkid. I love my job and Im very passionate about helping people who want to import cars... especially WUTANG MUSTANGS

Zorak....heres a plug

Every single person that have used our company HAVE NEVER USED ANOTHER IMPORTER AGAIN....APART FROM US

EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER, ARE NOW SOME OF OUR BEST FRIENDS

EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER PAY...EXACT COSTS....WHAT WE PAY, YOU PAY

EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER...GETS AN EMAIL OR PHONE CALL NEARLY EVERY SINGLE DAY

How many importers do you know that drink and socialise with there clients (after they have received their cars)...or even stay in touch.

Out of ALL the forums there available and I could spend the time pluggin our company (as we dont just ship mustangs)  THIS IS THE ONLY ONE IM ON.

Its not about the money mate...ITS ABOUT THE PASSION

I can Quite easily say, that we are one of the BEST importers/exporters out there...and I am sooooo proud to say that. If you can find me just one of our customers that would say our service was "JUST OK" or "they were allright"

I WILL GIVE YOU A MUSTANG FOR FREE

Take your pick www.shermatt.com

Theres got to be something in that statement for you to read into.

NOW THATS A PLUG BABY:(

Offline Kerry

• Pony
Really?
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 11:45:38 am »
Just noticed this tread.....

T code.... I feel for you.

I was done by the same crowd.  Auto Ezy search
My car was suppose to take 6- 8 weeks and I even paid for the "fast" boat.
It got to NY in october of last year but didnt even get on a container untill dec 12th then didnt leave the port until feb and I didnt get her untill march.

I was also told that my car would "NOT" have any other vehicle above it...... look at the picture below and you can quite clearly see another car above my hood.

And If that wasnt bad enough..... during the trip something fell off said car and damaged my show condition paintjob which cost me $2000 to get fixed.
Which is exactly like tcodes damage...... a dent passenger side in the hood.
I was lucky that they could pop the dent out but unfortunately they could only get 90% of all the scratches that also happened by the falling car parts.

I also was so unhappy with the service that I didnt want my car....it was tainted.
Every time i looked at the car I noticed the scratches and remembered the long drawn out experience.
Auto Ezy search took no responsibility for the damages even though I have photos and a transport docket from the US that proved the car was undamaged when it left. I took them to Dept fair trading and  they still took no responsibility.
I drew the line at taking them to court and paid for the repairs myself.

My 66 had now been sold to perth and I understand that the new owner loves the car.

I just took delivery of a 67 GTA scode a few weeks ago which I purchased on 26.7.08 it took 10 weeks in total to get from minnesota NY to Sydney.

its sometimes not  "you get what you pay for"
its who you deal with......

DONT DEAL WITH AUTO EZY SEARCH!

Cheers
kerry

OH.... I love my 67!!!!!!!

Offline rick ross the boss

• Thoroughbred
Really?
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 04:28:53 pm »
that SUCKS :[
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Really?
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 12:37:51 am »
T-code, so what ever eventuated with this whole...watever????

did you open up a can of T-code woopa55??

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Really?
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 09:18:41 am »
whoop    a s s

you never heard off that expression

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Really?
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 09:33:59 am »
Thats all good mate

No one wants to see a fully open can of ....

Tcode     :+