WA - Imported Muzzie......

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: WA - Imported Muzzie......  (Read 4780 times)

Offline JC074

• Blue Printed
« on: December 20, 2008, 11:57:05 am »
G'day

Qucik question ......

Im considering buying a Mustang that was imported in the 1980's, comes with import papers..... but has never been rego'd since it came into the country...

My questions....

a) Is there any time restrictions on when a car is imported, and when it has to be rego'd?

b) If the car was imported in a persons name, and then say I buy it....will I have any issues rego'ing it for the first time in my name (as apposed to the original importer who's names are on the import docs??)

Cheers guys..... I'll be ring the Dept of Transport in WA when i get back from Melbourne

JC
Rock on!

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 01:57:16 pm »
Here in Victoria mine was probably two years from import to rego while rebuilding, and when inspected, I don't think they even looked at the date on the import licence, nor opened the expensive engineering report.

It was imported by Russell at Just Mustangs and registered by me personally, so no issue with the change of details here.

But absolutely check with your WA rego authority, as they are the bee's knees when you front up on the big day.

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 04:03:02 pm »
I bought my car in 2003 it hadn't been registered since 89.  Didn't have import papers, but I did have original registrtion plates and they re-registered it in Queensland.  I was a little worried though.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline ken

• Stallion
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:45:16 pm »
no time limit as far as im aware!!......also if you buy the car and the owner fills out the transfer notice as normal but dont post it off as car isnt on database at rego place but just hand it in when you license it youll be fine regards ken