71/73

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 71/73  (Read 10162 times)

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
71/73
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 10:29:59 pm »
JD,

Im from Adlalaide but Im living in Florida at the moment. Just a quicky.....I know that if you want to keep the car LHD, it has to be exactly as it rolled out of the factory....but are they stating now that the colour must also be the same aswell??

I know that it cant have pipes and kits or mag wheels, but now now there looking at the colour aswell...that sucks.

Who gave you that Information?

Im very curious
Cheers
Matt

PS. Theres still that blue 72 convertible over here for $11, Id say thats the original colour and thats only $11k and very shmiko....and we can haggle with him..if you want...I replied to your email about shipping:(

Offline jdmagoo

• P Plates
71/73
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 01:54:20 pm »
Hi Shermatt,

for some reason i didnt get your email WRT shipping, i have checked my junk mail but it wasnt there either. Can you please resend.
Also, can you provide more details on the 72 Mustang . Eg engine size, power windows etc. And if possible more photos hopefully in hi res.

Cheers

James

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
71/73
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 02:10:35 pm »
Originally posted by Shermatt
JD,

Im from Adlalaide but Im living in Florida at the moment. Just a quicky.....I know that if you want to keep the car LHD, it has to be exactly as it rolled out of the factory....but are they stating now that the colour must also be the same aswell??

I know that it cant have pipes and kits or mag wheels, but now now there looking at the colour aswell...that sucks.

Who gave you that Information?

Im very curious
Cheers
Matt

PS. Theres still that blue 72 convertible over here for $11, Id say thats the original colour and thats only $11k and very shmiko....and we can haggle with him..if you want...I replied to your email about shipping:(

Matt, there was a post a little while back from someone who had probs registering the car as the color was not original and that current color was never offered. I believe they were in SA.
I was surprised too.

Check the back posts. I had an entry in that thread somewhere.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
71/73
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 10:51:10 pm »
thanks Frank,

I spoke to the senior engineer, forgot his name, and he said "as it rolled out the factory"

All i can say is "colour smuller" what ever. Talk about tight on rules...its paint!!!

Its not going to change its driveabilitly. I might look into that when I get back down in  December.

Thanks anyway
Matt

JD..I will go back through my emails and try and find it for you and seeing as your in Adlaide, I better find out if that convertible is a factory colour first :w

I will give that guy a call today, see if its still for sale. Hes asking $11 so that means we can bash him on the price a little. I will get you more details today. please send me your email address again just in case to matt@shermatt.com
Cheers
Matt:(

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
71/73
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 11:27:33 pm »
I woke up this morning thinking about this whole paint code issue....its really playing on my mind. If the car is converted from LHD to RHD it doesnt matter what colour the car is or even if it has aftermarket bells and whistles.

If there prepared to accept a diferent shade of the original colour, they are therefore accepting A DIFFERENT COLOUR

GO FIGURE !!!!!

Ive been doing some research over here in the US and weve decided to open a restoration/LHD to RHD conversion workshop for our OZ,UK, and NZ dealers. That way we can send over whatever we want. Eleanors, Clones..Everything.
We,ve just employed this fella from Sweden to take care of our Euro exports that is also a body man......full old school...LEAD fills everything.... NO bog.  And hes very maticulous with his work, so he shall be a good member to have on the team. But thats 2-3 months away.

JD...Im just about to forward on a whole heap of info, history and a parts list for that mustang thats over here. Hope it helps

Matt

PS...the engineers last name was GUNNER at regency Pk.....maybe it was Dave Gunner...cant remember, but a very helpfull bloke

Offline blackbox

• Worked
71/73
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 08:05:03 am »
Originally posted by 65pony
i didnt pay any money in gst when i brought my car over about 3 months ago.

i only payd a customs charge and shipping.

i actually had a very long conversation with the manager at the importing lot and also with my shipper about this.

i would hav had to pay what a 10% gst charge on the car, shipping, customs duties and any additional insurance if applicable if the car was under 30 years in age.

i didnt pay anything like that so im not sure if my case was an exception which i doubt or thats how it is now days

Loose lips sink ships.
James.

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
71/73
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 11:07:13 pm »
Here are the facts ... i import quite often  you definately pay ....in fact it is even greater than the actual value of the item my last car a 66 conv  was 14500usd  $ was at .8779 = $16516.69 yet GSt payable was $1732.21 ..... i beleive they actually add a value for shipping and charge GSt on that too.... sucks don.t it....... i also import some boats and unless you buy from a US dealer it is almost imposible to claim made in USA and pay no duty through the free trade aggreement .... i actually had a few brand new and a couple of second hand boats imported all at once and one boat  exactly same brand but bought privately and one from a dealer and the bastards made me pay duty on the privately bought one because the original owner could not provide proof of boat being made in USA ...... yet both boats Searays ... same model and year .... what do you do though don't pay and they just keep it .... costs more to argue and beleive me i tried.... aparently there is no such thing as common sense in customs. hope this all helps...cheers mark

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
71/73
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 12:32:45 am »
Hi T-Code Kid.

I think you are confusing the GST with import duty. The free trade agreement refers to import duty/taxes(but not on all things). What the GST actually is, is a tax on goods actually consumed/used in Australia. So when you import a Mustang there is no import duty but there is GST - and as stated in the earlier post, you pay GST on the shipping and insurance as well. As I understand it, if you export the car in the future, any GST that was paid when it arrived is refundable to you - but I think with all the paperwork that would be required, it would be easier to extract blood from a stone.