'67 Mustang Import - Getting it on the road in NSW

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: '67 Mustang Import - Getting it on the road in NSW  (Read 5947 times)

Offline seanmurray

• L Plates
« on: March 30, 2006, 09:50:19 am »
Hi there,

I've just moved back from Sydney from California.  I've shipped my 1967 coupe and it is just about to clear customs and quarantine.  I now need to get a blue slip and get it registered.

I've had mixed reports from the RTA about the requirements for the rear indicators.  One guy told me they don't need to change, another told me I will need to change them from the red flashing brake light to an amber light, which would require rewiring etc.  Has anyone had first hand experience with this?  If so, any recommendations on an auto electrician in Sydney?

Also, can anyone recommend a place in Sydney to get a blue slip?  I've called around but most places seem hesitant to deal with a classic, left hand drive import.  The car is currently in a warehouse in Seven Hills and I live in Redfern so the places I've seen in Mona Vale are probably not realistic for me.

Thanks in advance!

Offline srh

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 07:56:04 pm »
Hi Sean,
Welcome to the forum.
In my experience you will definetely need to fit amber indicators, the most common way is to fit amber lenses or globes in the back-up lights and re-wire.You will probably need to fit headlights which dip left also.
Try Peter at Five Dock  queens Road Auto centre 9747 1368, or Wayne Byrne - Carline mufflers Penrith 4732 2444- he does a lot of work on Mustangs (including mine)Peter does blue slips, not sure about Wayne.I'm sure they will point you in the right direction to an auto electrician, if they can't help.
regards,
Steve :]