My 1969 Mach 1 Restomod project

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: My 1969 Mach 1 Restomod project  (Read 100078 times)

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
...and some more progress pics.
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2009, 05:49:45 pm »
Well all I can say is I would be happy to see this year off with a bullet up its a$$. Since march I have been flim flamming around with low wage jobs just surviving and the project had become all but a distant memory. With the new high paying job finally being offered to me this friday  the project will recommence and a smile will start to form on my face again.  I have no bills in the way so its ' a no expense spared situation' on the car once again.!  yeeeehaaaarrrrr!;2:p:a:+;+:=

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2009, 06:59:01 pm »
6T9...good work bud, live the dream..

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2009, 07:07:35 pm »
Well done Mate, keep the dream going!

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2009, 09:33:39 pm »
Originally posted by 6T9rustang
Well all I can say is I would be happy to see this year off with a bullet up its a$$. Since march I have been flim flamming around with low wage jobs just surviving and the project had become all but a distant memory. With the new high paying job finally being offered to me this friday  the project will recommence and a smile will start to form on my face again.  I have no bills in the way so its ' a no expense spared situation' on the car once again.!  yeeeehaaaarrrrr!;2:p:a:+;+:=

Who did you score with? and good luck with it. :(
cheers.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline bigblockmadness

• Pony
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2009, 11:48:59 pm »
This is one serious bit of kit,frickin awesome !!!!
I am currently waiting for my 69 428 mach 1 to turn up from USA.
If you would like to U2u me if thats what you call it , maybe we could catch up some time as i live locally .

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2009, 12:27:41 am »
This is probably a stupid questions but will it be road legal??

I think you might need to get clearance from the airport before you step on it :w

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2009, 09:53:38 am »
Originally posted by nassi

cheers.

Hey Nassi,
                  Got a job with Dyno Nobel in Kalgoorlie.They'll have me making Ammonium Nitrate(explosives).   I still own a house up there so its not a problem to move back up there. Im actually on the road today so I'll be off the air for a while.

thanks'
Russ:(

Offline blocko

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2009, 03:42:33 pm »
Originally posted by Foresight
This is probably a stupid questions but will it be road legal??

I think you might need to get clearance from the airport before you step on it :w

If your playing with explosives I guess that you already have airport clearance or at least parachute training. One wrong move could make for a rough landing.

Keep safe.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2009, 09:03:43 pm »

cheers.

Hey Nassi,
                  Got a job with Dyno Nobel in Kalgoorlie.They'll have me making Ammonium Nitrate(explosives).   I still own a house up there so its not a problem to move back up there. Im actually on the road today so I'll be off the air for a while.

thanks'

Excellent news Russ, hope all goes well. Any chance you will be back for the AFD weekend?
cheers.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2010, 12:15:19 am »
Finally after a long wait....Wednesday she's off to Maitland fabrication for 'at this stage' 4point cage but we'll be discussing it a little more tomorrow. Trying to comply with both ADRs and ANDRA is proving to be most confusing. The car is to run between the 11 to 10 sec street class so removable sidebars and rear support bar could be an option. ANDRA have changed the rules AGAIN! Whilst at the Fabricators she'll also be fitted with a custom cross member for a final effort to stop her twisting too much. Pics soon... ;2

Offline ND69

• Worked
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2010, 12:27:11 am »
Hey Russ, good to hear of your progress.
I did my time at CSBP up the road from you, where they made that same big bang stuff, be carefull where you leave your work clothes its also corrosive.

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2010, 12:34:30 am »
Originally posted by ND69
Hey Russ, good to hear of your progress.
I did my time at CSBP up the road from you, where they made that same big bang stuff, be carefull where you leave your work clothes its also corrosive.

Cheers mate..I'm no longer with em! Finally got back on the mines out at Murrin Murrin, playing with Ammonia gas and Hydrogen sulphide gas.;x  Every man has his poison! Just one to the next for me!:(

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2010, 12:36:05 am »

cheers.

Hey Nassi,

thanks'

Russ,

Are you still in Kal or FIFO?

Shawn

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42:58 am »
Originally posted by mach70

cheers.

Hey Nassi,

thanks'

Russ,

Are you still in Kal or FIFO?

Shawn

FIFO 2weeks on 2 weeks off!  Its a big call but 'if' the cars finished by the end of the year I wanted to truck her up for the Kal show march next year.(sentimental reasons). theres a few nice stangs up there, yours included!;{

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2010, 12:46:39 am »
Ive asked before but no one answered is this rocket going to be street registered?

Finally after a long wait....Wednesday she's off to Maitland fabrication for 'at this stage' 4point cage but we'll be discussing it a little more tomorrow. Trying to comply with both ADRs and ANDRA is proving to be most confusing. The car is to run between the 11 to 10 sec street class so removable sidebars and rear support bar could be an option. ANDRA have changed the rules AGAIN! Whilst at the Fabricators she'll also be fitted with a custom cross member for a final effort to stop here twisting too much. Pics soon... ;2

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2010, 12:54:56 am »
Originally posted by Foresight
Ive asked before but no one answered is this rocket going to be street registered?

Finally after a long wait....Wednesday she's off to Maitland fabrication for 'at this stage' 4point cage but we'll be discussing it a little more tomorrow. Trying to comply with both ADRs and ANDRA is proving to be most confusing. The car is to run between the 11 to 10 sec street class so removable sidebars and rear support bar could be an option. ANDRA have changed the rules AGAIN! Whilst at the Fabricators she'll also be fitted with a custom cross member for a final effort to stop here twisting too much. Pics soon... ;2

Yes. And is still registered.:(  That was the biggest of the challenges... to build a 10sec car and have it street legal. Would have been easier to build it just for the drag track...:-

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2010, 12:57:18 am »
ummmmm mine will be nice......one day...its in bit at present....all of it.

The pic is what it was ....... once.......many many years ago.

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2010, 01:05:25 am »
ummmmm mine will be nice......one day...its in bits at present....all of it.

Same deal as my pic:w

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2010, 01:07:44 am »
ummmmm mine will be nice......one day...its in bit at present....all of it.

Same deal as my pic:w

You have already done much of what I have to do.

One thing is for sure....its gunna keep me poor for a while yet.

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2010, 01:08:04 am »
Mine's been off the road for 6+ years now...:-

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2010, 01:11:35 am »

That all.....I've had mine 12yrs and the guy I brought it off had it off the road for at least a further 8-9......

He was doing it up for his wife so wasnt concerned with doing it right so just patched it up and then bogged over it.

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2010, 01:21:57 am »

That all.....I've had mine 12yrs and the guy I brought it off had it off the road for at least a further 8-9......

He was doing it up for his wife so wasn't concerned with doing it right so just patched it up and then bogged over it.

That last part sounds familiar. When I bought mine from a guy in Kwinana bout 7+years ago she had been bogged and flogged,(to me)  and most of the RHD conversion needed to be redone too!:-     All I can say is a little bit a day is better than nothing at all! At least you own one mate. :(Luckier than most!

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2010, 03:25:04 pm »

I decided to move the fuel pump indoors to allow for the 3inch exhaust to to fit thru the watts suspension. Lift pump coming!

A bit of fuel plumbing done and the water pump pulley problem is all but finished. Brackets are being altered due to the Yates heads on a windsor block! Pics coming soon! The radiator isn't touching the water pump anymore either.

The diff housing was larger than normal so I had to move the suspension V-frame back which created a mis-alignment of the watts linkages to the outside brackets. Fixed with these beefier watts linkages that can now work on an angle.

Proud but stressed owner. Me! Notice the mustang necklace! Obsessed!!!:w;+

Offline TimR67

• Worked
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2010, 04:57:18 pm »
That is going to be a beast, I love it, What colour will it be?

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2010, 05:41:03 pm »
Originally posted by TimR67
That is going to be a beast, I love it, What colour will it be?

Although heavily customized she is still a Mach 1. So porsche red with Mach 1 stripes, hood and tailight panel blackouts.;2