My 1969 Mach 1 Restomod project

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: My 1969 Mach 1 Restomod project  (Read 99364 times)

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
...and some more progress pics.
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »
Quote from: stangLover link=topic=3937.msg152858#msg152858
Updates pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :hi::hi::cool::cool:
What an unbelievable build! and an amazing life story to go with it!

Your love and pashion for mustangs has been proven.:thumb:

Cheers Bas!    I'm currently awaiting my fibreglass front apron,bumper panel and hood to be shipped.1st week in september. I have ordered a carbon fibre bootlid and extensions but they wont be until the end of september.
Current works are(pics soon): racing harnesses being fitted, Aeromotive fuel cell with A1000 fuel pump and surge inhibitor inside being fitted to replace other fuel cell because I felt the current fuel system was too race car(messy). Not to mention that I couldn't get exhaust pipes past the tank and droning dusty drop pipes from the mufflers were not a prefered option.  Water pump drama continues so a Meziere remote(with inbuilt thermostat) is being fitted, idler pulley will go in place of current water pump to keep belt configuration correct, water crossover is being changed to look neater and to work with the water pump, conversion of radiator hoses from slip on hose to bolt on AN stainless, heater hoses configured in too, bugcatcher is being bolted up(linkages), fabricated glovebox being removed and original woodgrain clock dash face is being fitted, fitting alloy windscreen washer bottle...

My social life has suffered immensely since starting this project, with both working to make the coin to pay for it and the strict budget (don't leave the house mode) I've ran by. Being the social person I once was its testing my willpower.:violin: But hopefully soon I'll start to reap the rewards of my passion and love for these cars.:rub: I watched your build come and go and grit my teeth with envy to see it come together so fast. I see that you're doing the wedding photos and shows that I hope to soon do. live the dream mate!:cheers:

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2011, 02:07:36 pm »
Mate, I sure am living the dream!!.....couldn't have done it without Steve from St.Marys though!
It could've easily turned into my worst nightmare.

I wish you the best of luck in your career and your build! can't wait to see the finished product!

...watching with anticipation.:thumb:

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2011, 12:49:08 pm »
For those local and wishing a peak at my build, you can see it this saturday at the shop.
 http://croniccustoms.com/news/cronic-customs-open-day-29th-october-2011-10am-5pm/

Offline Eleanor67

• Pony
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2011, 05:39:54 pm »
Man i wish i was In WA this weekend...

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2011, 02:51:11 pm »

Remote water pump sits @ bottom right, pumps via 2 lines across front then around behind pulleys where they part to run to water inlets into the block on either side of the timing belt. Water then exits via the heads on both sides to the central thermostat housing then across to the radiator. This all came about due to the fitting of a danny bee timing belt which pushed everything too far forward for the standard water pump option. I couldnt just run an electric water pump in place because I needed a pulley to run the serpentine belt on. I had an idler pulley fitted on an alloy plate put in it's place. And on top of all that the cleveland heads on a windsor block also created water crossover complications. The finished product is FINALLY coming together.

Offline Eleanor67

• Pony
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2011, 10:56:14 pm »
Sweet as mate, took a bit of work by the sounds of it but dam it looks hot. well done.

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2011, 11:05:37 pm »
Quote from: Eleanor67 link=topic=3937.msg162038#msg162038
Sweet as mate, took a bit of work by the sounds of it but dam it looks hot. well done.

Cheers.  Gotta do the bypass from the pump and heater hoses now. Some refinements could come later but happy for now.  Hopefully should have the water plumbing done by the end of next week. Then on to exhaust I guess..:therethere:

Offline SnaKe

• Stallion
  • Vroom
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2011, 01:33:39 pm »
Just found this thread... :bow::bow::bow::omg::omg:

You're car is amazing mate.. keep it up, I can't wait for more progress photos..

Offline gt350 coupe clone

• Worked
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2011, 08:18:47 am »
This thing is insane hat's off to you mate!

I am getting frustrated with my build I bought the car in March this year and I want it on the road by April 12

You have really puy in some hard work and the end result will be epic

I guess all we can ask is that the first run down the strip is filmed and uploaded on here  
Can't wait to get it finished and enjoy it ! They need to have overhaulin here in Aus!!

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2011, 12:13:42 pm »
Quote from: gt350 coupe clone link=topic=3937.msg162202#msg162202
I guess all we can ask is that the first run down the strip is filmed and uploaded on here  

Definately...:rub:

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2011, 07:30:18 pm »

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2011, 09:27:21 pm »
Looking fantastic. Nice website too. XXX twin turbo looks the goods

Matt

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2011, 10:54:07 pm »

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2011, 11:11:23 am »
The new fuel cell has the A1000 pump mounted inside with surge tank. swirl pot/surge tank removed and lift pump no longer require. it's cleaned up the trunk space. Taken away the race car look that i didn't desire. Its also allowed me to run rear exhaust pipes instead of dump pipes before the diff!! So YES the previous fuel cell, swirl pot, lift pump and main pump will be for sale soon.

Offline jandj1970

• L Plates
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2011, 06:58:21 pm »
Hello 6t9rustang with running the fuel cell, can you still run the orginal fuel door with a modified filler neck to the fuel cell. I have a 70 mach1 iam restoring and going to run injection on my motor, and like the setup you have with the fuel cell.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2011, 09:11:28 pm »
How good is this going to be

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2011, 10:08:39 pm »
Quote from: jandj1970 link=topic=3937.msg166519#msg166519
Hello 6t9rustang with running the fuel cell, can you still run the orginal fuel door with a modified filler neck to the fuel cell. I have a 70 mach1 iam restoring and going to run injection on my motor, and like the setup you have with the fuel cell.

Hi mate,   yes you can. That was my intention with the first cell. The cell I have fitted now maybe not.  The Fuel Safe Fuel Cell company sell the kit for what they call 'remote filling'. When I bought the original cell it was supposed to have the reote plate on it but arrived with the 'fill in boot' plate. So I was just going to alter a remote fill kit to suit the boot fill plate. There site has a huge catalog and heaps of info...
Here's a link fot the remote filler plate: http://www.fuelsafe.com/store/fill-plates-caps/remote-fill-plates/rfm6x10.html

Here's a link for the filler kit:   http://www.fuelsafe.com/store/fill-plates-caps/remote-fill-plates/rfk70.html
This is the bootfill plate they supplied on the cell: http://www.fuelsafe.com/store/fill-plates-caps/standard-fill-plates/sf6x10a.html

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2011, 10:15:39 pm »
:sant::sant::sant:Look what Santa left under the tree:   ...after 5 months they're here!!!!:rub: Carbon fibre bootlid and extension housings from Anvil!!:bow::bow::bow:

Offline 69candy

• Worked
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2011, 11:08:42 pm »
Man, That is some sweet presents you have there. awsome build!!

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »
Quote from: 69candy link=topic=3937.msg166541#msg166541
Man, That is some sweet presents you have there. awsome build!!

Cheers mate. Roll on 2012... time to finish this thing...:bolt:

8+ years :tissue:

Offline jandj1970

• L Plates
« Reply #170 on: December 25, 2011, 06:59:42 pm »
Thank you for ur help 6T9rustang, and good luck finishing ur car mate:thumb:

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2012, 09:36:07 pm »

RRS brake upgrade. DBA 2 piece 345 rotors with 6 piston calipers. Rears are 315 with mini-6 piston calipers. I felt the PBR items weren't up to the task.

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2012, 12:01:43 am »
Well...I've fitted the carbon fibre bootlid and rear extensions. Fitment aint bad for a quick bolt on. Will need adjustments another time.

THAT'S IT GUYS.... she's on the truck and going in the shed for approx. 5 months. :tissue: The project grinds to a halt...AGAIN! :tissue:
I've got some dental work approaching and it's big bucks.

Offline junior

• Worked
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2012, 03:15:00 pm »
always love looking at the progress of this !

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2012, 05:51:45 pm »
Quote from: junior link=topic=3937.msg167638#msg167638
always love looking at the progress of this !

Love the signature pic dude!    ...Stylin!!:thumb::thumb: