Help/advice needed for QLD rego 67

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Help/advice needed for QLD rego 67  (Read 584 times)

Offline 67Restomod

• P Plates
Help/advice needed for QLD rego 67
« on: July 09, 2024, 05:59:44 pm »
In 2005 I imported a 67 restomod from US to QLD. It has never been registered in AUS and has been parked in my garage ever since. Finally the time has come to get it on the road. It is LHD. I would like to get a full QLD rego (not club). What do I need to do to get a QLD RWC? I hear that QLD requirements have changed for vehicles this age? As far as seat belts go it still has the original lap belts front and rear. Currently sorting out issues to get it drivable and getting close to that now. Any advice, suggestions, info is welcomed. Thanks all.

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
Re: Help/advice needed for QLD rego 67
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 09:46:27 pm »
Can't beat info from the horse's mouth so to speak. Have a chat to the actual people who issue the registration, pen and paper at the ready.

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/fees/concession/special-interest

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 12:29:31 pm »
You just need a roadworthy then, especially if it's all original. You don't need to change to ADR seatbelts if your car was manufactured before 1st January 1969.

Get a roady, head to TMR, go drive it.
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car finally on the road!! (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (422chp/
493 clbft.)

Offline 67Restomod

• P Plates
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 11:42:54 pm »
Can't beat info from the horse's mouth so to speak. Have a chat to the actual people who issue the registration, pen and paper at the ready.

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/fees/concession/special-interest
Thanks but your link is for special interest vehicle rego. I want to get a full unrestricted rego. Is there a link to that for a 1967 import?
Thanks

Offline 67Restomod

• P Plates
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 11:50:13 pm »
You just need a roadworthy then, especially if it's all original. You don't need to change to ADR seatbelts if your car was manufactured before 1st January 1969.

Get a roady, head to TMR, go drive it.
Thanks for that. Are there any people that are recommended to get a RWC from? Someone who understands the (limited) requirements for a 1967 vehicle? Thanks again.