Technical & General Discussion Area > Technical - General

C4 auto band adjuster lock nut socket size

(1/2) > >>

Lyle:
First time poster here, just wondering if anybody knows what size socket or spanner is required to loosen a very tight/stuck band adjustment lock nut, I only have metric and need to get SAE or imperial I would presume, the previous owner or shop have slightly rounded the edges removing it in the past it seems. Also would it be preferable to get a new nut after loosening it or just snug it back down once adjustment is made?

If anyone has advice on socket size or a specific tool available to loosen it as the space between it and exhaust is very tight I would be very grateful.

68Coupe:
The nut is a sealing nut and has an attached rubber seal. They are really a one use nut and its recommended to replace them. From memory a 3/4 inch spanner is used.

Lyle:
Thanks 68coupe, appreciate it.

AussiePhil:

--- Quote from: 68Coupe on February 28, 2024, 12:29:09 pm ---The nut is a sealing nut and has an attached rubber seal. They are really a one use nut and its recommended to replace them. From memory a 3/4 inch spanner is used.

--- End quote ---

Hey Lyle,
If Andrew’s right about the size 3/4”, that’s 19mm exactly, within hairs!
Don’t go and buy a spanner or socket.
Cheers Phil.

FB.65.68.70:
You own a classic mustang and you only have metric tools. If your going to do any work, seriously, buy some SAE tools thats what they are made with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version