Technical & General Discussion Area > Mustang Chat Room

New member 1967

(1/2) > >>

Rap66:
Hi I purchased a 1966 mustang coup a week ago , pretty much standard from what I can gather , 289,C4, 8inch rear end. So when I say standard , that includes drum brakes front & rear, single brake master cylinder, & power assisted steering setup. Now first thing I need to do is get a roadworthy. Is there anywhere in southeast Melbourne area that specifically do a roadworthy on these cars. I was thinking of upgrading the brakes & steering first . However was told they may ask for an engineers report. I do want to register on club plates.

GEOFF289:
Have a chat with Roscoe at this place.

https://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/noble-park-north/jacksons-road-service-station-pty-ltd-13844425-listing.html

While I haven't needed to take my Mustang there I've had a few other cars roadworthied there over the years. There are often old classics in there for work and Roscoe is a great guy. There was a '67 Mustang and a C3 Corvette there the other day when we fuelled up there.

Rap66:
Awesome,
I shall check them out much appreciated

Clubman7:
Had my car roadworthy tested at Drever automotive services in Hastings seven years ago.
Was good to deal with.
If you go Kelsey Hayes calipers that are copies of the original disc than I don’t believe you need to have them engineered as they are exact replicas of factory optional brakes.
I got my front disc kit from Russell at Just Mustangs at Riddells Creek.
Make sure you ask for dust plates as they are an option.
Easy kit to fit and brakes were perfectly balanced from scratch.

Reborn67:
Not to sure on this but if yours is a 4 stud pattern you may have to change hubs too.??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version