Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque Pre 1973

351W stalls when selecting drive

<< < (8/8)

Woz:
Going there tomorrow,
Will refit the carby ( Edelbrock 1405 600cfm)
Check if it will idle, if it does, press the brake pedal and see if it stalls. If it does, could be brake short somewhere.

If it doesn’t stall, will try the converter stall test.
Can’t do Glenn 70 test, car unregistered.

Will take my multimeter and check everything as suggested
Battery cable is standard 4 gauge, no pump in the fuel tank, just the standard pump on the block.

Will report on tomorrow’s progress

Thanks
Woz

GLENN 70:
You can do a bit of a converter test by putting the hand brake on and your foot hard on the brakes and some bricks in front of the front wheels in a safe area , and see what happens ,but it’s only as good as the brakes will be .

AussiePhil:

--- Quote from: Woz on December 18, 2023, 12:54:29 pm ---Going there tomorrow,

Battery cable is standard 4 gauge, no pump in the fuel tank, just the standard pump on the block.

Thanks
Woz

--- End quote ---

Hey Woz,

Cable in boot must be 50mm2 or the size of industrial welding cable direct to starter solenoid unless you’ve got the new type starter motor with its own solenoid.

The cable runs to the boot on mine is 70mm2 about 3 1/2 metres long, it runs to my starter motor solenoid on the starter motor then onto 200amp alternator, I used a standard Bosch 12v relay to initiate start!

A good general rule-of-thumb figure is one amp starter draw for every cubic inch of motor.

You have a sock filter in your fuel tank attached to the pickup!

Cheers Phil.

AussiePhil:
Hey Woz,
You do have Automatic Transmission Fluid in the transmission not gear oil.

Just checking.
Cheers Phil.

AussiePhil:
Hey Woz,

torque converter seized?

Cheers Phil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version