Technical & General Discussion Area > General Chat Room

Radiators from Worley Auto Parts

<< < (2/3) > >>

FB.65.68.70:
Aussie Desert Cooler has customline radiators in brass / copper and aluminium, in quite a few engine options. Most start around $1000
https://aussiedesertcooler.shop/search?q=ford+customline

fredm666:

--- Quote from: FB.65.68.70 on November 10, 2023, 08:16:07 pm ---Aussie Desert Cooler has customline radiators in brass / copper and aluminium, in quite a few engine options. Most start around $1000
https://aussiedesertcooler.shop/search?q=ford+customline

--- End quote ---

Thanks, on Monday I will give them a call!

Clubman7:
Have been running an EBay radiator for about four years now.
When fitted the radiator there was a pinhole in one of the welds near the cap, but peened the weld with a hammer and it hasn’t leaked since. Radiator cap supplied is junk and corrodes away in a matter of weeks. Bin it and get a good replacement.
Plastic drain plug was a different thread to hole in radiator, but that didn’t stop them cross threading it in.
Got a new correct thread one.
Otherwise has been all ok.

SMH00N:
I ran the same one - they all look the same build - in a standard 302.
Cooled fine but the tubes are very small diameter so the crud in the block ended up blocking them. Radiator guys won't touch them but for $200 you just buy a new one. Put a filter on for sure.
I replaced it with a big block copper one as it was going for cheap.
I have Aussie Desert Coolers fans on it. They do pull it down from 90 to 82 reasonably quickly on a hot day but they don't list the CFM or amps needed to run them. I haven't had this thing sitting n traffic on a *hot* day yet but the 30's we've had in Sydney the setup has coped.
So, a tentative tick for Aussie desert cooler fans.

fredm666:
Thanks all!

I’m really tempted to buy the Worley radiator at $185, install it, and use it. It seems correct in terms of measurements.
If it fails, I could use it as mock up to send to PWR.

But I’m also tempted to consider Aussie desert cooler…

Tough choices  :grin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version