Technical & General Discussion Area > General Chat Room

Radiators from Worley Auto Parts

(1/3) > >>

fredm666:
Hello!
Does anyone know this shop? https://worleyautoparts.com.au/
Have you ever bought something from them?
They are Chinese made (with warehouse in Australia) and reviews are not great.

I’m looking for an aluminium radiator for my ‘55 Ford Customline, and I’m struggling to find one. Plenty of brass/copper radiators around, but not ideal in WA heat.
It would be either the mob above, or a custom made radiator from PWR ($1,600+)…

Chris66pny:
I got one for my 66 mustang. Got one in a standard size (17inch wide) and it worked great! Didn't quite keep up when I put heads, cam and supercharger on it but I've just bought another one that's a bit bigger.

Interestingly I had an engineering friend do some flow/heat transfer tests on a cheap ebay radiator ($110) and a mishimoto  radiator ($600). Both radiators transferred the same amount of heat and flowed the same. These cheap radiators are getting to be decent quality now, both radiators I got had decent aluminium (welded fine with no impurities) and the build quality was ok (not as good as PWR). My only real concern is the longevity of the cheap radiators.

fredm666:

--- Quote from: Chris66pny on November 10, 2023, 12:51:22 pm ---I got one for my 66 mustang. Got one in a standard size (17inch wide) and it worked great! Didn't quite keep up when I put heads, cam and supercharger on it but I've just bought another one that's a bit bigger.

Interestingly I had an engineering friend do some flow/heat transfer tests on a cheap ebay radiator ($110) and a mishimoto  radiator ($600). Both radiators transferred the same amount of heat and flowed the same. These cheap radiators are getting to be decent quality now, both radiators I got had decent aluminium (welded fine with no impurities) and the build quality was ok (not as good as PWR). My only real concern is the longevity of the cheap radiators.

--- End quote ---

Hi Chris,
thanks for that.
Did you buy directly from Worley or through one of their ebay shops?

Chris66pny:
Through ebay.

The only thing that id add is the standard mounting brackets might not suit perfectly. I modified mine to make it fit a bit tighter to the radiator support panel.

fredm666:
thanks Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version