Technical & General Discussion Area > Importing Cars & Parts - General Freight

Amber rear turn signal conversion, 2005-2010 Mustang

<< < (2/2)

Aussie-67:
Ok good luck. 

Gallop:
This may help - https://www.allfordmustangs.com/threads/converting-rear-lights-to-euro-standard.1100868/

I thought perhaps looking at how the Europeans have done it may provide some insights.

ctann:
Thanks for the link. I read through that thread, and it had some great "Cautionary tales"...  As far as I can see there is only one person in that thread that had actually succeeded (Aussiando), and he ran into many challenges on the way, eg:

"everything was going well until the turn LEDs would not work so i ended up switching to led strip lights under the rear lens reverting back to just 3 x red tail & 2 x red brake in the original lights. all went well testing with hazards but when i tried the left indicator it hyperflashed and no doubt due to no load on the rear harness. so next I reinstalled the 2-3 way converter to provide a load for the rear indicator and done! "

Now this conversion must have been done many times while doing RHD conversions on S197s, so there must be a robust/professional way of doing it - I would love to start with something that works! :)

Cheers,
           Chris.

scollist:
Try calling MustangMotorsport in Melbourne. They would have done many and might have a solution on their site (or know who to talk to).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version