Finally got my 66 Convertible back on the road after 12mths

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Finally got my 66 Convertible back on the road after 12mths  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Edz

• Worked
    • Checkout my car builds
  • Car: 66 Convertible V8 AODE
12 Months ago I took the stang off the road to fit a 20 gal tank with an internal Holley EFI pump system that came with a new sender and returnless pump, rewire all the front, move the battery to the boot and fit a Holley MSD EFI, I finally got it going and took her to the Mustang Show in Canberra. I spent the last 4 months trying to get it running but all it would do is cough once and die.

The short and the long of it is I wired the MSD timing wire to the ICE as ICE and MSD said in the notes. I rang the mate who sold me the system and he said, move the wire to the coil negative like a tacho. As soon as I did that, it fired up and ran! He said he'd fitted 20 of these systems and always did this and had told about 20 people to ignore the instructions and do this and it worked every time.

Did 180k in her last week in 2 nights. 130k around Canberra on Wednesday night over 3 hours with a meal at the G Spot in Guhgastan, laps around Braddon and the city and finally a few laps around new Parliament house until the AFP started tailing us and we left.

I took her out to the Mustang Show at Erindale last Sunday. Away this week but when I get back I'm just going to drive the doors off it for a while and enjoy it because it's been off the road more than on the road in the last 5.5yrs of ownership.

Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"