Finally got the stang back on the road after 12 mths fitting EFI, wiring etc

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Finally got the stang back on the road after 12 mths fitting EFI, wiring etc  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Edz

• Worked
    • Checkout my car builds
  • Car: 66 Convertible V8 AODE
After 4 months of frustration, I finally got the MSD EFI running the week before the 2023 Mustang show in Canberra.

I had the tach signal wire from the MSD connected to the ICE tach wire as per the MSD and ICE instructions and it would fire up once and then shut down. I tried everything, even put the carby back on to check it worked, and it did.

Finally, I rang my mate who sold me the system and he said 'ignore the instructions, run the msd tach wire directly to the negative of the coil'. I did it while he was on the phone as I was leaning over the engine bay and it fired up and ran!

I'll be blowed!

Did 180k in her last week in 2 nights.

I took her out to the Mustang Show at Erindale last Sunday. Away this week but when I get back I'm just going to drive the doors off it for a while and enjoy it because it's been off the road more than on the road in the last 5.5yrs of ownership.

Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"

Offline Dingo80

• Worked
Let me know your thoughts on the MSD Atomic as you go please? I have it sitting waiting to go in with my build also. I already had a MSD dizzy and spark box so hopefully knowing what you have gone through I will assume I will have to do the same. I have a tanks inc 65 tank with in tank pump and have run all lines in rubber with a return line as per MSD instructions.

Was it pretty straight forward to set up?