Register 1969 Mustang from VIC to QLD

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Register 1969 Mustang from VIC to QLD  (Read 8731 times)

Offline SashNaidu

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Sash
Register 1969 Mustang from VIC to QLD
« on: March 02, 2023, 05:07:20 pm »
Hi guys!

Looking for any help you guys can provide on the steps and procedures to register a 1969 Mustang here in QLD from VIC. Trying to buy the car for my dad, he’s always wanted one. It is currently registered in VIC.

Is there any important questions to ask the seller in regards to getting it registered in QLD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Clubman7

• Worked
  • Cruising.
  • Name: Brett
  • Car: 1966 coupe, 2016 GT.
Re: Register 1969 Mustang from VIC to QLD
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 08:25:29 pm »
More info needed.
Is it club reg to special interest vehicle, or full registration.
Make sure you get import papers, and any engineers paperwork if the car has been modified, if you can.

Offline Gallop

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 02:40:08 pm »
Bought my LHD 65 GT Fastback which was registered in the ACT in 2015. When registering the vehicle in QLD in 2015 (full rego), QLD Transport only wanted to see a standard QLD roadworthy, evidence of CTP insurance. They did not need to inspect the vehicle. The vehicle was totally stock, including the original lap seat belts.

They did ask me if I knew the ACT rego details but I didn't. This was not a problem though.

Suggest if the vehicle is registered in VIC, get a copy of the currrent registration papers.

Offline ShawnK

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Shawn
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 06:51:52 pm »
Bought my LHD 65 GT Fastback which was registered in the ACT in 2015. When registering the vehicle in QLD in 2015 (full rego), QLD Transport only wanted to see a standard QLD roadworthy, evidence of CTP insurance. They did not need to inspect the vehicle. The vehicle was totally stock, including the original lap seat belts.

They did ask me if I knew the VIC rego details but I didn't. This was not a problem though.

Suggest if the vehicle is registered in VIC, get a copy of the currrent registration papers.
It's a good thing they didn't inspect the car because that takes time. Before you did that, you had the car inspected the same year, am I correct?
And if I had the car inspected 2 years ago, will they require CTP insurance or will they do the inspection themselves?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 08:40:28 pm by ShawnK »

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 12:28:48 pm »
Be aware, if the car has ONLY ever been on club rego in VIC, it will not have been charged stamp duty.
Putting it on club rego in QLD will require stamp duty to be paid.
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)