New wiring harness

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: New wiring harness  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Wpinchen

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Wes
New wiring harness
« on: January 25, 2023, 04:12:54 pm »
Hi peeps,

Im sure this has been covered before but i cant find it , I am looking at some upgrades to a 70 Mustang , starting with the wiring harness , after some opininons on the best and easiest fit for a self installation . Im not an autoelec , my future upgrades will include a dakota digital dash and sniper efi so needs to be compatible.

Also car is RHD , are these kits universal for LHD and RHD or do you need to get a specific RHD kit , i.e as these are for LHD cars will the wires reach the dash display if it has been moved to the RH side

looking at - American Autowire or Painless or Kwik Wire,

Any advice would be appreciated , also if anyone has paid for any of these to be installed I am open to this as well depending on the cost.

cheers

Wes 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 04:58:13 pm by Wpinchen »

Offline SMH00N

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Stephen
  • Car: 70 Sportsroof Grabber pac
Re: New wiring harness
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 03:21:38 pm »
Can't answer for sure, but if you search the 69stang dot com website a few people have changed harnesses. From what I have seen they have a bit of excess, but maybe not enough to hit the other side of the dash.
Maybe one of the converted could let you know.

Offline Greg Dobe

• P Plates
  • Name: Greg Dobe
  • Car: 69 & 70 R Code SCJ
Re: New wiring harness
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 09:44:28 pm »
I put an American autowire in my 1970 MACH1. Few tips before you start.
1. The harness is missing the wiring for the heater.
2. No wiring for the alternator warning light to dash.
3. Location for the relays that you can reach, mine are under the dashboard behind the cluster.
4. Convert the blinkers from the brake lights.

Same harness for left and right hand drive, mine is left. Quality of the product is good and with good upgrades for running accessories such as electric fans. It will take some time to install and don’t rush it. Was simple and rather easy to install in my opinion but maybe difficult if you’re not electrical and mechanical minded.

Regards Greg