302W + C4 auto for sale

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 302W + C4 auto for sale  (Read 372 times)

Online SMH00N

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Stephen
  • Car: 70 Sportsroof Grabber pac
302W + C4 auto for sale
« on: January 18, 2023, 06:58:50 pm »
I have a near-complete 302 Windsor and C4 gearbox for sale, as removed from my '70. The block decodes as a 1974 build.

It's not all good news - some Brain Surgeon decided to plug a small hole in the block with JB Weld. To be fair, for 7 years it's held its' own and has not leaked, but it's there. The motor ran OK, but I think it blew a head gasket.
Oh, and it has an old skool welch plug repair as well, but it didn't leak.
Will come with a cast iron manifold and 2bbl carb and a Fomoco distributor. No hang ones like alternator, P/S or pulleys. It has a passenger side (for Australia) water pump inlet but a 3 bolt (Driver side) crank balancer so one needs to go.

I will be taking off the the oil pressure adaptor as well but the rest of the lump will be as seen.

Price? Dunno. It's probs only worth anything for the parts so make me an offer which isn't totally insulting.

The gearbox is a better proposition - drove OK, no slips or noises. Never drove it hard so can't tell you if it performed under pressure. This has the factory auto-oil-change option and leaks like a sieve, but I do have a new gasket and selector shaft seal the new owner can have.
I'd like to think someone would pay me $500 for this. I need to fund a brand new 347 build so be kind.

I am in Galston, Sydney and I can lift it onto your transport, but I am not packing, putting on a skid or waiting for a courier to turn up. Don't ask because the answer is no.

If you made it this far and still interested, dial me up on Oh Four One 2 7519six eight
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 07:05:39 pm by SMH00N »