Drip Rails

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Drip Rails  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Dingo80

• Worked
Drip Rails
« on: November 08, 2022, 05:22:41 pm »
I thought I may have read somewhere that the angle on the A pillar and roof line is the same from 64-68. Is this true? My drip rails on my 65 coupe are not in good nick at all and need replacing. I have some XR-XY 600mm long repair sections that fit the drip rail moulding nicely so they are a start and may work but I noticed you can get 67-68 fast back drip rails. Was wondering if I could use the A pillar section along the flat to just before it curves down on the fast back. I am only going to paint my rails and not install the moulding so would like to get this as best as possible.

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
Re: Drip Rails
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 10:11:39 pm »
I think the coupe drip rails are 'taller' than the fastback repro driprails I bought. I'll need to weld a wire on them to increase the height to match the existing coupe ones.

Offline Dingo80

• Worked
Re: Drip Rails
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 01:49:46 pm »
Thanks Dwayne. I have ordered them and will see how close they are when they arrive. The XR-XY repair sections are a little squarer on the face of the rail so don't think I will be bale to use them. If I was putting the moulding back on, I think it would be fine, but I am not.