1969 Mustang

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1969 Mustang  (Read 4272 times)

Offline Stonecold Racing

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Kym Foura
1969 Mustang
« on: September 22, 2022, 01:02:02 pm »
Hi all,

New member and first post. Just going through possibility of importing a 1969 Hardtop I have found in USA. While I am in the car industry (Fixed Operations Manager - Parts & Service) and the importation of vehicles legislation change from July 2021 certainly has made the process a little clearer and easier there is still the customs and USA inspection / transport issues and adequate insurance to make sure is done properly. Does anyone have any recommendations ??

I am an old mechanic who restored many cars 25+ years ago and never owned my favourite which is the 69 Hard Top. I've been saving for over 10 years now all the kids have left home and its finally time to pull the trigger.

Just for info - my project plan is a specific resto-mod. The outside will be a completely original looking 69 with shaker, chin spoiler and wing rear spoiler - in Raven Black - and coming at you anyone will think by look and sound its a traditional Mustang muscle car with performance engine / exhaust. Inside will be done like a full modern mustang interior and going to ultimately put coil over front suspension - Brembo's / EBC brakes and the coil over 4 link rear end in so she is amazing to drive. I am 53 and have absolutely no intention of flipping or selling this car - it will be wife and my weekend cruiser / Club day car until the kids decide what to do with it once I'm gone ... lol

Any general advice - information or learnings from all of your combined knowledge, experience and passion would be greatly appreciated.
rgds
Kym