1966 Coupe GT FOR SALE

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1966 Coupe GT FOR SALE  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Car: 1966 Coupe GT
1966 Coupe GT FOR SALE
« on: August 03, 2022, 11:55:35 am »
Hi All

Due to some lingering medical issues i'm just not able to drive and enjoy my '66 GT Coupe as much as i should and too justify holding on to it

It’s was a dry Arizona car with no rust that had a refurb in the US before coming over to Aust in 2019. As part of the resto it was painted the current red (factory Silver Mist) and the original 289w A code engine was bumped to GT350 specs (I was told) Its fed by an older (rebuilt by ReCarb Qld) Holley 4bl vac secondary carb with auto choke. Has the factory C4 and an open 3.00 diff so cruises at 110kmh quite comfortably. Has factory KH front discs and drum rear with a dual bowl master cylinder and booster. Larger alloy radiator with shroud keeps it running cool. Has LED taillights with amber indicator panels. My old school mechanic said its the best 289w he has ever driven.

Upholstery is pony spec and in perfect condition – I fitted the best quality (Australian tanned) full wool front seat covers late last year and a Vintage Air under dash (cool only) AC more recently. I’d rate paint at 9/10 and all brightwork is rust and pitting free. Bluetooth radio fitted. Has factory floor console. Runs new 15x7” US Mags Rambler rims with Hankook 205/65/15 tyres all round. All shocks and front springs were replaced (Pedders) this year and ride height lowered around 1.5” for a classic stance.

I’d  include the personalised QLD plates “MST4NG” for the right price.

If you or someone you know is looking for something like this just PM me and i can send pics and any other details

Cheers

Dizzy (Ray)

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:27:15 pm by Dizzy »

Offline AussiePhil

• Worked
  • Name: Phil
  • Car: 68 Coupe
Re: Expression of Interest 1966 Coupe GT
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 03:13:21 pm »
Hey Ray,
Firstly I hope you get on top of your health issues.
Secondly your car looks beautiful.
I hope you find a good buyer that will respect it as you would like!
Cheers Phil.
If you've never buggered anything you've never done anything!
But if you've buggered a lot maybe you're not very good at it!

Two for one is good but four for two is better!

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 07:53:55 pm »
Nice car Ray, good luck with the sale

Offline Dizzy

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 09:43:01 am »
HI All

I have now formally listed the car on Carsales - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/ford-mustang-1966/sse-ad-13327668/

Please PM ortext/email any questions

Regards

Offline Dizzy

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Re: 1966 Coupe GT FOR SALE
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 12:30:01 pm »
Hi All. The car is now formally for sale and I have attached the Carsales listing for you to check - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/ford-mustang-1966/sse-ad-13327668/

It is listed n Gumtree also

There is still a little negotiation in price left so please touch base if your interested