Technical & General Discussion Area > General Chat Room

Pollution in China

(1/11) > >>

AussiePhil:
Hey all,
In a previous post Fred and got into a friendly discussion about Climate Change and Australias need to save the World!(my words)

But we live in a beautiful clean country now! (not so much 1890 to 1960’s)
We need to keep it that way!

We add little to Climate Change and the pollution in the world.

Climate Change in Australia is a Business and many benefit from it, Scarring the pants off old people and Brainwashing school chrildren.

Just go to YouTube and look up for yourself, China Pollution - India Pollution.

And just see how we are going! You will be shocked!

Cheers Phil.

AussiePhil:
Hey all,

I hope you have taken the time to watch some of these videos.

Now it’s mandated that not fossil fuel powered cars will be made after 2035?

So we go home with our EV’s and plug them into our power grid Powered at night by Black Coal, Brown Coal, Hydro, Gas and a bit of wind! How is that Green!

Look at Australian Energy Market Watch AEMO web site, press on ENERGY MIX, then press where it says CURRENT and use the drop down box to see 24hr, 48hr, 3m and 12m see how Green Power is going at the Moment.

Do you think these poor struggling people in these third world countries will be able to afford these.

Once again we take the pain for the world pollution problems!

The best YouTube I’ve watched is by VICE, “THE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF POLLUTION IN CHINA” 1&2.

Cheers Phil.

fredm666:
https://www.worldometers.info/

interesting numbers on this website, they should be fairly accurate.

pmb0186:
Interesting topic.
from what I understand the carbon produced from the manufacture of typical new car is equivalent to carbon emitted in 10 years of tail pipe emissions.
If the life of a modern car is 20 years
I drive a 66 Austin Healey sprite in effect a recycled car so if I drive that car for 20 years and get 9lt per 100km then the new car owner would have to achieve 4.5lt per 100km to compete.
I'm an accidental environmentalist.

AussiePhil:

--- Quote from: pmb0186 on July 24, 2022, 09:54:47 pm ---Interesting topic.
from what I understand the carbon produced from the manufacture of typical new car is equivalent to carbon emitted in 10 years of tail pipe emissions.
If the life of a modern car is 20 years
I drive a 66 Austin Healey sprite in effect a recycled car so if I drive that car for 20 years and get 9lt per 100km then the new car owner would have to achieve 4.5lt per 100km to compete.
I'm an accidental environmentalist.

--- End quote ---

Hey Pete,
Well done, I’m glad your Austin Healey Sprite didn’t end up on the scrap heap like some would like.

I really hate the comparison CO2 per capita. The data out of some countries can not be Trusted.
CO2 per capita per square kilometre or mile is a better indicator of peoples living conditions.

For example, the three big powerhouses (production) and Australia!

8.10 tons of CO2 per capita where the population is 153 per square kilometre for China increasing CO2 emissions

1.92 tons of CO2 per capita where the population is 464 per square kilometre for India increasing CO2 emissions.

13.68 tons of CO2 per capita where the population is 36 per square kilometre for United States of America declining CO2 emissions.

15.48 tons of CO2 per capita where the population is 3.3 per square kilometre for Australia declining CO2 emissions.
IMO I think we may over represent our figures.

Out of these countries where would you rather live and which countries do you think are having a go at Emissions Control.

CO2 emissions per capita of China rose by 1.22 % from 8.10 tons of CO2 per capita in 2019 to 8.20 tons of CO2 per capita in 2020. Since the 0.38 % decline in 2016, CO2 emissions per capita leapt by 7.23 % in 2020.
Chinas population is in 48% of its land mass so the pollution effects on its people may be double what is reported!

In 2020, CO2 emissions per capita for India was 1.74 tons of CO2 per capita. Between 1971 and 2020, CO2 emissions per capita of India grew substantially from 0.38 to 1.74 tons of CO2 per capita rising at an increasing annual rate that reached a maximum of 9.83% in 2009 and then decreased to -6.91% in 2020.

Who is the biggest polluter per capita?

In recent years, China has accelerated past the United States and is the biggest polluter in absolute terms, (which is unsurprising given China's population and fast economic growth. India is also catching up.

A data can be Cherry Picked (Made to look better) to suit their cause!

It is very hard to get consistent data results across the internet!

Cheers Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version