QLD registration

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: QLD registration  (Read 7223 times)

Offline Monologue0442

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
QLD registration
« on: July 19, 2022, 10:38:32 am »
This is a two parter-

Looking at a car that's registered in another state with import documentation. I'm wondering if I want to get it registered in QLD whether I'll just need a standard roadworthy, or whether additional compliance will be required. Guess I could contact QLD transport but thought I'd check here first.

Does anyone have recommended places for getting a roadworthy? preferably south-side of Brisbane, but happy to go north side or even Gold Coast.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:43:49 am by Monologue0442 »

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
Re: QLD registration
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 11:56:28 am »
Call Matt at Action Roadworthy - zero four two two 309268

He's on the Gold Coast but done my car no drama
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline 66FBK

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 09:40:21 pm »
When the car was imported , the VIN was registered in all states so you can take your car into any rego office and it will appear on there VIN data base. You should be able register in QLD with just a road worthy certs. Some states were more relaxed about seat belts allowing none or just lap belts in pre 66 cars. QLD usually require 3 point retractable belts in the front and just 3 point in the rear. (sometime a child baby seat anchor point too). Choose at good inspection guy that does a few import cars and you will be fine.
He, with the most toys wins.

Offline Monologue0442

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 11:55:54 am »
Club rego would be ideal, but when I read QLD transports criteria, there's nothing that permits you to just go on a Sunday drive because I want to. You have to be participating in a club event or traveling to/from your mechanic.

Offline Gallop

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 02:08:17 pm »
Bought my LHD 65 GT Fastback with original seatbelts which was registered in the ACT in 2015. When regiestering the vehicle in QLD, QLD Transport only wanted to see a standard QLD roadworthy, evidence of CTP insurance. They did not need to inspect the vehicle. It was registered with the original seat belts.