What's a 71 Mach 1 worth?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What's a 71 Mach 1 worth?  (Read 10833 times)

Offline Monologue0442

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
Re: What's a 71 Mach 1 worth?
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2022, 09:04:14 pm »
I didn't realise it had been advertised for a while - that's concerning. I have no experience with importing, but I don't think you could get a matching numbers Boss 351 delivered for what this one's advertised at. It's cheaper than the red 429CJ Mach 1 I was looking at too, and far more original. My concerns would be if anything goes wrong with this car, it's full of unique and rare parts that are costly and/or impossible to find. I also wonder what it'd be like to drive - I'd just be using it as a weekend cruiser!

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2022, 06:03:37 pm »
If you’re worried about a rare classic car and finding particular parts for rare models like that, maybe the cars you’ve been looking at are not for you. 

If you want one of these Mustangs covering the ’71 to ’73 period, there were far more Mach 1’s made and parts are more readily available.  And they’re cheaper to buy and you don’ t have to worry about injuring a rare model (as much).  They look good too and have the same fastback body style as the cars you are looking at and if you find one of these in great condition, you can have many entertaining weekends cruising in one as you appear to want to do. 

Try something like this bronze one, been for sale for a while but looks in great shape and much cheaper than the cars you are looking at.  There’s another ’73 Mach 1 on Car Sales that looks good for even less.  Both in Melbourne.

https://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Cars/Vintage-Classic/1973-FORD-MACH-1-MUSTANG-FASTBACK-SPORTS-351-V8-AUTOMATIC/Tullamarine/VIC/AdNumber=FG925Z

Offline GEOFF289

• Blue Printed
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2022, 07:14:00 pm »
The bronze one is a pretty rare beast. The ad says it runs on diesel!

Offline AussiePhil

• Worked
  • Name: Phil
  • Car: 68 Coupe
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2022, 07:27:47 am »
Hey Mono,
I know you’re looking at a 71 Mach 1 with 429 engine but have a look at this.
This is beautiful and restored, It’s much cheaper also.
And early fastbacks are getting very rare and prices are going up as fast as matching number rare models.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284910390661

With the purchase price of the car, the work restoring it they can’t be making a huge profit!

Don’t rush to buy it because I may think about selling my 68 Mustang Coupe to buy it!

Cheers Phil.
If you've never buggered anything you've never done anything!
But if you've buggered a lot maybe you're not very good at it!

Two for one is good but four for two is better!