1-owner 2002 Cobra. Full Cobra Terminator conversion $SOLD

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1-owner 2002 Cobra. Full Cobra Terminator conversion $SOLD  (Read 3227 times)

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
so - if you didn't know - "what is a Terminator Cobra?" is described here: https://www.steeda.com/what-is-a-terminator-cobra

I bought my 2002 Cobra new, back in 2003. I've had it for nearly 20 years and it's a blast - I've done a lot of upgrades over the years to make it look how I wanted, and to go how I wanted.

Finally, it's a Cobra that goes as fast as it looks. Power at the tires is 570rwhp (423kw) and 971NM. If you want to do a skid, it will.

I've swapped out the drivetrain - engine and gearbox - and all other associated parts to make it as close to a 03/04 Terminator Cobra as we would have got here. Engine, gearbox, air/water intercooler, gauge cluster with boost gauge, ECU, wiring harnesses, 40a Boost-a-pump, twin fuel pumps, JLT cold air intake, Accufab single blade throttle body, aluminium driveshaft, SCT 2400 MAF etc plus a custom tune with an SCT X4-Cal. A few years back the rear-end was changed to 3.73:1 and the rear was rebuilt, then I swapped the little 1.9L Eaton Supercharger they were fitted with at the factory with a reconditioned Whipple 2.3L Twin-screw Gen2 blower, bigger injectors etc, and this is the configuration that it's running now.

I have a smaller blower pulley to take boost from 15lbs to 22lbs for which you'll need E85 but you'll be at around 700rwhp, but E85 is consumed at a faster rate so be careful $$

Exterior has lots of changes - 2003/4 Cobra front and rear bumpers, hood (with twin air vents), rear spoiler, wheels and Brembo brakes from a 2000 Cobra R, 2003/4 Cobra side scoops (vast improvement over the originals), perfect 2003/4 Cobra seats (electric both sides). Car is in great shape inside and out.

Terminator Engines are the business - factory Supercharged with water/air intercooler, cast iron cross-bolted block, Manley H-beam rods, forged pistons, steel crankshaft etc all from the factory. Good for 1000hp if you put in head studs instead of bolts.

I can't believe I'm selling this car - but I have 3 cars and garaging only for 2. I can build another garage but WTF am I going to do with 3 mad cars on the road?

I need a Hyundai or something to get me to work and leave parked outside at night, not something that needs to be garaged every night - but yes, I need to get A/C for the Galaxie....

So - reach out if you're genuinely interested - there's only one or maybe two of these in the country and the 03/04 is about as good looking as they made these cars.

Probably not a patch on a new Mustang with a blower, but you'll never pull up next to another 03/04 Cobra in Australia either. Car is in the Gold Coast, 15 minutes from Coolangatta.

Cheers
Jeff
oh for to free nine double seven oh five seven

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 12:25:05 pm by jiffy »
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline Foxydemons

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Alex
Re: 1-owner 2002 Cobra. Full Cobra Terminator conversion $45k
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 11:55:34 am »
I can personally vouch for this car, It’s in fantastic extremely well looked after condition, the power it has on tap is amazing, I have driven the car and as a larger guy it was a little small for me.

You won’t find a better New Edge mustang available.

Cheers 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻