Original manufacturer of Tickford Cobra Clutch cable?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Original manufacturer of Tickford Cobra Clutch cable?  (Read 4886 times)

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
Hi guys - you will have seen my post below on the adjustment of these cables - I have one in my car, and a spare, both are original Australian made cables as fitted to the Cobra Mustangs sold here in 2001/2.

My spare cable has a cream coloured plastic hat that fits over a rubber bush - the narrow part of the hat fits through the hole in the firewall for the cable to mount on to the clutch pedal. The larger part that fits over the bush has split and I am hoping that someone will either know the cable manufacturer and they might be able to supply another one, or recognise it from another cable that I can obtain and cut apart to find this piece?

Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
Re: Original manufacturer of Tickford Cobra Clutch cable?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 05:04:29 pm »
Can you get it scanned and a replacement 3d printed?

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
  • Name: Steve G
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 05:12:18 pm »
Hi Jiffy,

I reckon there is nothing around. Cable can be made, but the parts in your pic???? I think we are on our own. :(

Hi guys - you will have seen my post below on the adjustment of these cables - I have one in my car, and a spare, both are original Australian made cables as fitted to the Cobra Mustangs sold here in 2001/2.

My spare cable has a cream coloured plastic hat that fits over a rubber bush - the narrow part of the hat fits through the hole in the firewall for the cable to mount on to the clutch pedal. The larger part that fits over the bush has split and I am hoping that someone will either know the cable manufacturer and they might be able to supply another one, or recognise it from another cable that I can obtain and cut apart to find this piece?

2002 MUSTANG COBRA - 4.6 SVT 5 SPEED - CONVERTIBLE.
Lowered Kings Springs, 3.73 diff gears, JTG CAI,  18" ROVOS DURBAN RIMS. MGW Short Shifter.  Slotted brake rotors. 2 1/2" SS Exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers.

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 06:47:11 pm »
Might be better to have that part machined up in metal rather than plastic.

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 08:35:21 pm »
Might be better to have that part machined up in metal rather than plastic.

That was my fall-back. I believe it’s designed so that if the cable runs out of travel the rubber bush covered by this fitting compresses and ‘saves’ the clip at the pedal/cable junction.

I guess the bush must have compressed to the stage where the bush split the casing.
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)