Classifieds by Forum Members > Cars For Sale By Private Sellers

Show worthy '73 Mach 1 for sale SOLD

(1/1)

robster:
1973 Mustang Mach 1 - $80,000

An opportunity to buy a numbers matching, show worthy, heavily factory optioned 1970’s classic muscle car.  This car is from the time Ford was on the top of its game with stylish coupes from the early Seventies such as the Gran Torino, Falcon Hardtops (XA models on) and this fine example of a 1971 through to 1973 Mustang which are the best proportioned cars from this period IMO.
It’s hard to find this type of car in an excellent, unmolested condition and I imported this car myself from the US in 2009 as it was a fine, well optioned example with the features I was looking for. I appear to be the third owner and its original documentation seem to back that up.

This car presents as a stunning example of a 1973 Mustang Mach 1 in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition.  One of the more affordable Mach 1’s currently offered for sale representing the eye catching, early classic models. And this one is a very original, highly optioned fine example.  Having seen what’s comparable in the Australian market, this car is a less common, minimally modified, very original, solid example capable of winning Show n’ Shine awards in its present state.

Collectible cars are all about right provenance, authentic documented history, the right colours, attractive features and presenting in a fine condition. This car ticks all those boxes –

•  This car is a genuine numbers matching 1973 Mach 1.  According to its Marti Report, it is a one of one built with its fitted factory options.  It presents well in a stunning colour combination of close to its original Bright Red exterior paint with a contrasting white interior with red piping.  It says 76,700 miles on the odometer but who knows if it’s representative with these mechanical odo’s.  But the unmolested condition of the car indicates it maybe correct.  It is fitted with BF Goodrich 225/60 front and 255/60 rear tires and 15 inch Magnum 500 wheels all around for that perfect stance which complements these early Seventies Ford coupes very well.
•  It is factory fitted with a 351 Cleveland (optioned up from the standard factory 302), air conditioning, power steering, well regarded heavy duty C6 automatic, the nine-inch rear end, rear deck spoiler believed original (in rare aluminium not a fibreglass reproduction), front spoiler, factory upgraded Sports Interior, NASA scooped black out bonnet treatment, Convenience Group (basically extra interior lighting) and a (non factory) immobiliser.
•  The car received a minor cosmetic restoration in the US in 2006 and it presented in a very nice condition being a solid, documented, matching numbers, low mileage car when landed in Australia.  There was some rust but not in the strategic body areas such as the firewall and frame with the worst being in the rear door jambs.
I was fortunate in being financially able to give it a thorough heavy restoration in 2014 which I determined the car was worthy of. This included a new two pac paint job in an eye catching shade of red (show worthy but not concourse), engine and transmission were removed and refurbished, removal of any rust and repairs were done properly with metal infills not bondo (see photos) and a renewed front end.  In fact, it was almost a half frame off restoration (the back end was unusually sound with the diff only receiving new synthetic oil), again, see photos.  The instruments have been thoroughly gone over with a new printed circuit board fitted and felt velcro straps to secure underdash wiring to avoid chafing.
•  It is registered under Mustang Owners Club Vic club plates.  Note I searched for the right plates matching the features of the car and although you cannot get customised Historic Club plates, this is the next best thing. They are ‘52973-H’ matching the model year and being an ‘H’ code, signifying a 351 2V now upgraded to a 4V like most ‘H’ codes.  Note if you’re in Victoria and keep the car in the Mustang Owner’s club in Victoria, these plates can be transferred directly over to the new owner. The car has remained left hand drive and although some prefer right hand conversions, I genuinely believe in keeping them as they came from the factory as they are then unmolested, structurally sound examples that I still find easy to drive.
•  It comes with full documentation including a comprehensive Marti Report, Owner’s Manual (believed original), build sheet (yellowed, torn), Owner’s Warranty Identification Card and metal dealer tag (original), Emissions Systems Warranty (original), Starting Instructions card (period correct, non original) plus other associated period ownership documentation.
•  The boot has been detailed and comes with a matching Magnum 500 show wheel with new BF Goodrich tire (still has protective blue dye lettering). It’s a Show n’Shine winner and any awards will also be provided together with the comprehensive documentation. Recently had oil, coolant, transmission oil changed, new front disc brakes fitted and plugs changed so the new owner can just drive it with peace of mind.

I realise others in the market are asking more for exactly the same car with less features, but I genuinely want to see this car go to a good home.  Would suit more an enthusiast or collector. Happy to help interstate buyers with the sales process but will not entertain test pilots/joy riders.

The car is Sold.

Robert
https://imgur.com/a/n5rdxXO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version