Water leaks in Fn drivers side

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Water leaks in Fn drivers side  (Read 4367 times)

Offline Kona Blue 5.0

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
Water leaks in Fn drivers side
« on: April 09, 2022, 12:28:04 pm »
 :cry:Hi guys after the big rain in Sydney over the last months I've discovered heaps water leaking into my 2019 Fn 5.0  10 speed Gt driver side , cars only done 8000 ks I'm very concerned , any ideas were this is coming from could the drains near wipers be blocked ? I read on line something about a flimsy sticker that covers a panel hole can come off on A pillar ?  Car is under Ford factory warranty but wanted to get any intell feed back from you  if you have any knowledge  of this before contacting dealer so I don't get screwed around by them . Please help if  you can cheers  :thumb:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 12:31:16 pm by Kona Blue 5.0 »

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Re: Water leaks in Fn drivers side
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 08:35:46 am »
Yours isn’t the only one with that problem . I have herd of quite a few with the same problem . Take it back to the dealer .

Offline Clubman7

• Worked
  • Cruising.
  • Name: Brett
  • Car: 1966 coupe, 2016 GT.
Re: Water leaks in Fn drivers side
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 10:30:24 am »
Seems there’s 3 possibilities I have read about.
Poor sealing of windscreen where the windscreen needs to be taken out and reinstalled.
A metallic sticker that’s supposed to seal an opening around the A pillar coming loose and letting water in.
Damage to the door seal where the water can run inside the seal further around near the floor and let the water in.
Suggest a hose and torch and get a friend to give it a good soak.