stangnet.com

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: stangnet.com  (Read 4811 times)

Offline shedguy

• Pony
  • Name: Keith
stangnet.com
« on: March 06, 2022, 03:49:49 pm »
G'day All,
Just wondering if anyone here is a member of, or has access to, "stangnet.com" and it's forum in the US??  I have been doing a whole bunch of research online and I keep finding links to "stangnet.com" pages and pictures that look promising - and EVERY ONE goes to an "Error 1020 : Access denied" page - apparently due to website security protocols.  I even searched on here and found a couple of older links to the same mob - and got the same result! Bloody frustrating because it looks like an awesome cache of info!!
Thanks,
Keith

Offline scollist

• Worked
  • 65FB, 2017 GT
  • Name: Shane
Re: stangnet.com
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 04:13:55 pm »
Hi Keith,

It seems they are blocking connections that aren't coming from a US based IP address.

I used an anonymous VPN (TorGuard - https://torguard.net/ - costs me about $25 per half year) to impersonate a Dallas based IP address and was able to get up the main site page.

I hope that helps.

Cheers
Shane

Offline shedguy

• Pony
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 05:34:08 pm »
Thanks Shane ..... yeah I thought it might be a geographical thing!  Maybe it is time to invest in a VPN .... there's a bunch of Motor Trend I want to catch up on too!!!  Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.
Cheers,
Keith

Offline Dingo80

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 08:39:07 pm »
Getting motortrend is not that easy. I had it for years and they blocked me as don't supply out of US at all even though had to use VPN to get the US version to get all the good shows. I tried using a gmail email as thought that doesn't have a .com.au after it and it still wouldn't let me get an account.

If anyone knows how to get one back without being in the US please help. I have a VPN so it is the account side of things or maybe the credit card that flags not in the US

Offline scollist

• Worked
  • 65FB, 2017 GT
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 09:20:24 am »
Hi Dingo,

It is most likely the credit card that is flagging as non-US (from what I've read in the past).  There are some cards you can get that appear to be US based - though I've never done it myself. You'll need to use some google skills to find them.

Cheers
Shane

Offline shedguy

• Pony
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 11:34:35 am »
G'day Dingo -  Yep, as Shane says, it is the card that is the issue with MTOD!  I used a friend's VPN and tried to re-sign after they canned my account - I even tried with two different cards but both attempts failed! That's the main reason I haven't bothered with a VPN before now.  Apparently there are ways of getting a "digital credit card" with a US based address .... but that all sounds a lil risky to me lol.
Cheers,
Keith

Offline Jason67

• Pony
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: S Code
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 05:24:59 pm »
Hi All,

Just as there are numbers or a combination of, as part of the card number that denotes Visa / Master Card etc the same is for location - a Number on our cards denotes Australia. On some sites you can get around this by using Paypal, others maybe a digital card ( I have not used a digital card before..... I agree sound dodgey)

Jason

Offline scollist

• Worked
  • 65FB, 2017 GT
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 07:51:52 am »
The digital cards should be fine - if you find one offered by a well known organisation.

I recall that even some of our banks offered them for a while as a 'one-time' card number for online use to stop fraud.  i.e. you could enter a card number for buying from a website, but that card number would never work again. So no risk of dodgy vendors reselling the card details.

So it's worth at least investigating.

Offline scollist

• Worked
  • 65FB, 2017 GT
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 09:04:35 am »
A quick Google for "us digital credit cards" came up with this useful site (I've only scanned it - but it answers some good questions)

- https://donotpay.com/learn/virtual-credit-card-with-us-billing-address/

It also came up with this 'best of' site: https://www.guru99.com/virtual-debit-credit-card-usa.html which just happened to put US Unlocked as the best (but always be sceptical that it might be paid advertising - so do your research by googling for complaints on any card you are interested in)

US Unlocked as an example product: https://www.usunlocked.com/