69 coupe rear license plate

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 69 coupe rear license plate  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Paige302

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Car: 69 Coupe
69 coupe rear license plate
« on: January 03, 2022, 10:19:52 am »
Hi all,

I've just repainted my 69 coupe and discovered the joys of reassembly 2 years later thanks to COVID. I'm trying to attach my rear number plate and I feel like I'm missing a bracket. There is the mounting point on the valance, but the square holes for the top of the plate seem like they want an additional part. I feel a little stupid that this one has stumped me, anyone able to help me on this one?

is the image the only attachment for the license plate? the problem could be I'm using an Australian plate and it's too wide and won't fit into the recess, it currently sits behind the rear bumper on the left and right. has anyone come across this and found a solution? it obviously wasn't secured properly by the previous owner.
if the image is all that is required I will potentially have to engineer a bracket or think about new plates with less characters.

Cheers

Offline Paige302

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Car: 69 Coupe
Re: 69 coupe rear license plate
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 09:46:08 am »
@67FBGT thank you for your post. The rubber grommets for the lower fixed bracket makes things a bit more clear. I bought a mounting kit and couldn't figure out where they go.
also where the previous owners went wrong and I was confused. there are about 8 holes in my number plates and there are 2 more holes drilled into the lower bracket. so I was trying to attach both top and bottom of the plate with one of the many holes and it just was not working.
I might order a new set of plates and a surround to attach it properly.
I have the front bracket all sorted thanks

much appreciated

Offline JackRussel

• L Plates
  • Hi all!
  • Name: Jack
  • Car: Toyota Landcruiser
Re: 69 coupe rear license plate
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 09:49:16 pm »
Yes... That's the same fuss I had. By the time I figured it out, I thought I was brain-dead. Good luck with the mount!
 :hi: